Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,441 Posts
Yea. That procedure of the "wellness" check is ignorant as hell.

Prowl around outside like robbers, good job Fortworth PD.

Hopefully they'll hamstring him.

·
NotACop....
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea. That procedure of the "wellness" check is ignorant as hell.

Prowl around outside like robbers, good job Fortworth PD.

Hopefully they'll hamstring him.
I've never worked for an agency that uses that method for wellness checks. Looks more like they were investigating a breaking and entering.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I just have trouble getting a handle on the lack of judgement and common sense by someone entrusted with a badge and a gun by a major American city. Scary stuff. I lived in Fort Worth for 10 years; FWPD was never known as one of the more professional agencies in the area.

·
Premium Member
6,147 Posts
I'm gonna say its inconsequential where it was.
Exactly my point. She could have had a Sherman tank in the garage and been carrying BAR and it still doesn't excuse the officers actions on her property, shooting into her house. It was just one more way for the news agencies to put a negative stigma on civilians with guns. Good thing she didn't have two guns and over 100 rounds of ammo or they'd be reporting an 'arsenal' was found.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I don’t know how many rounds were fired but of course he drilled the poor woman in her own home. What is the police gunfire hit ratio? Less than 30%? If this had been a perp robbing a store or someone on the street he would have emptied his pistol and never touched the guy.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,284 Posts
Fort Worth police chief: ‘Absolutely no excuse’ for officer fatally shooting woman
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Fort Worth’s police chief reiterated Tuesday that a white officer’s fatal shooting of a black woman in her home was inexcusable, as an arrest warrant was released quoting the victim’s 8-year-old nephew saying she pointed a gun at a window when they heard suspicious noises outside.

Without directly addressing the child's account of the killing early Saturday, interim Police Chief Ed Kraus told reporters at a news conference that the victim, Atatiana Jefferson, behaved as any Texas homeowner would do if he or she heard a prowler.

Kraus struggled to contain his emotions as he pleaded with the Texas city to not allow the killing to reflect badly on the entire department.

Aaron Dean, 34, was arrested on a murder charge Monday night and released less than four hours later after posting bond, jail records show. He had resigned from the force earlier in the day, and the police chief said he would have been fired if he hadn't.
I agree that the cop appears, based on the articles I’ve read, to be 100% in the wrong and the woman acted as anyone might upon hearing a possible prowler, but could we drop the constant references to race?

·
NotACop....
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don’t know how many rounds were fired but of course he drilled the poor woman in her own home. What is the police gunfire hit ratio? Less than 30%? If this had been a perp robbing a store or someone on the street he would have emptied his pistol and never touched the guy.
He fired one round from what I read.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts