Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya' know, I've watched practically every Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck cartoon ever made, and I've never seen ol' Elmer reload that long gun he uses to shoot DD or BB. He just keeps on blazing away. I figure that the thing must have an infinite capacity ammunition feeding device. So I can't figure out why some people are putting down owners of so called "Fudd guns". :hmm:

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
That’s Daffy Duck...Donald is white and was Disney just saying.

There are lots of overlooked things like that in movies and books. WW2 movie where a guy shoot 10times from his 1911, or books saying they flipped safety off in their glock. Also funny to see folks coke be full then 3/4 then full again. My wife gets frustrated watching movies with me because I tend to point them out all the time.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,164 Posts
Fudd- a "Fudd" is a, "Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts

There are lots of overlooked things like that in movies and books. WW2 movie where a guy shoot 10times from his 1911, or books saying they flipped safety off in their glock. Also funny to see folks coke be full then 3/4 then full again. My wife gets frustrated watching movies with me because I tend to point them out all the time.
My wife and I both are like this...almost like we are competing to see who finds the most errors. I hate to hear the sound of someone putting one in the barrel multiple times before they ever shoot.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
My wife and I both are like this...almost like we are competing to see who finds the most errors. I hate to hear the sound of someone putting one in the barrel multiple times before they ever shoot.
It drives me crazy...armed folks chasing each other and when they face off thats when they first chamber a round, snipers with nothing but scope rings on their rifle no sights at all, etc.

·
Account no longer active.
833 Posts

If you watch Napoleon Dynamite the pile of cheese on Kip's nachos grows and grows while he's on the phone with Napoleon.
HyFOQaa.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Civil war movies with trapdoor Springfields and Colt single action army revolvers.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Too many gun gaffs in TV and movies to even ever mention them ……..
One of the most frequent I see today is where someone is using a 1911 and points it to threaten the good guy, bad guy, hostage - whatever, with the hammer down...……

Of course I would like to have one of Gabby Hayes's SSA pistols that seemed to never run dry on ammo...… and it shot "harder" if you flipped the barrel as you shot it... LOL.
Great days gone by - I wish someone would make quality Westerns again....

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I love the History Channel offerings on WWII...German solders using M-1's, M-14's, AK's, Winchester lever actions, etc. They NEVER get the guns right, regardless of the era they are showing.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I have seen Gamera swinging complete revolutions around an improvised (pipeline I think) pull-up bar.

I have seen Godzilla riding on his tail for long distances

and using his atomic breath as a rocket motor to enable him to fly.

According to the Godzilla and other Kaiju movies, urban Tokyo is lousy with oil refineries, which they keep rebuilding.

Continuity no longer bothers me. (I have also seen a movie with "German" soldiers at "Normandy" using FALs).

History Channel you say?

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Any old western fans on here? How many shots did Roy Rogers or the Duke get out of a six-shooter without reloading? I do remember the Duke and Lucas McCain reloading Winchesters though.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,520 Posts
Watching cop shows, I hear myself asking out loud why his semi-auto didn't already have a round in the chamber every time I see a scene where they chamber a round just before going in harm's way.

And it ticks me off to no end to see a cop car pull up to a scene with the siren still going, or a plain clothes cop hollering a suspect's name from fifty yards away so they have a chance to run.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts