Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I had hoped to have moved to the Southern end of your great state by last summer. Didn't work out that way and my house has not sold. I had hoped not to be here in Northern Indiana for another winter but alas. Christmas day (tomorrow) looks to have lows and highs in the 30s and if any snow it won't stick. That's purty good for around here. Looking forward and hopeful I'll be in your area soon. Trying to stay optimistic. Good tidings to all

Morgan88

·
Premium Member
10,468 Posts
There's an ole Texas saying , basically works here: wasn't born there, but got there as fast as could.:D.
My Son has been working in area N of Gary. He just got home last week.
He was up there all last winter, said he wouldn't miss those sub 0 temps:rolleyes:.
Hope things work out.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi folks
I had hoped to have moved to the Southern end of your great state by last summer. Didn't work out that way and my house has not sold. I had hoped not to be here in Northern Indiana for another winter but alas. Christmas day (tomorrow) looks to have lows and highs in the 30s and if any snow it won't stick. That's purty good for around here. Looking forward and hopeful I'll be in your area soon. Trying to stay optimistic. Good tidings to all

Morgan88
Now we are into New Years week and the highs are mid 30s to mid 40s for the next 5 days. Keeps this up we will be getting the summer clothes back out. I know it will come crashing down here sometime but love riding this non winter wave.

** last year on this date the low was -5 and tomorrow -11

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now we are into New Years week and the highs are mid 30s to mid 40s for the next 5 days. Keeps this up we will be getting the summer clothes back out. I know it will come crashing down here sometime but love riding this non winter wave.

** last year on this date the low was -5 and tomorrow -11
Perfect example why I am trying to get to your great state
Snow, mainly before 4pm. Patchy blowing snow after 10am. High near 26. Northeast wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Patchy blowing snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 14. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

Good news is about though. I have accepted an offer on my house. One I can live with.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,502 Posts
Great! Now you can move down here and experience a Mississippi summer and decide what you really think about Mississippi.

I knew a guy from Indiana in the Marine Corps. He was a lifer and retired and lives in Jacksonville, NC. He said he never wanted to live any further north, ever again.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,502 Posts
Accuweather says the high will be 65° today with a low of 58° tonight. Sunday night it’s supposed to get down to 25°, that’ll be the coldest it’s gotten, so far, this year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand it gets purty hot and humid. I think I can handle that better than this stuff. Not to mention ice. Long as I can stay away from rampant crime and flooding I anticipate being good to go? I'm sure there is something I am not taking into consideration. I am currently looking in the George, Jackson , Hendricks counties. I am looking on Trulia and many of the homes elevations are scary. Must work out ok for a lot of people along the coast live in homes less than 25ft above sea level. YIKES!

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Where is Hendricks County? You must mean Harrison or Hancock, the two "H" counties in south Mississippi. You only have to say YIKES when there is a hurricane coming. Beachfront properties in Harrison county have to be built-up to 18' (I think) to be built on. Welcome to the warm, sunny Gulf Coast area! ;)

·
Rational Anarchist
14,502 Posts
Yeah, you couldn’t pay me to live too close to the coast. I’d find out how far the Katrina storm surge got and still want to be a bit further inland, myself.

Here in Jasper County I feel like I’m either on the southern edge of central Mississippi or the northern edge of southern Mississippi. :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where is Hendricks County? You must mean Harrison or Hancock, the two "H" counties in south Mississippi. You only have to say YIKES when there is a hurricane coming. Beachfront properties in Harrison county have to be built-up to 18' (I think) to be built on. Welcome to the warm, sunny Gulf Coast area! ;)
Yes my mistake. Must be Harrison county in the lovely Gulport area. I'm thinking just North of the interstate.
My immediate plan is to stop in Lucedale and rent a place for a couple months to get my footing?

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Yes my mistake. Must be Harrison county in the lovely Gulport area. I'm thinking just North of the interstate.
My immediate plan is to stop in Lucedale and rent a place for a couple months to get my footing?
You should look at the three coastal counties before you make a firm decision. If you get down here, several of us would meet you for coffee and give you the 411.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great! Now you can move down here and experience a Mississippi summer and decide what you really think about Mississippi.

I knew a guy from Indiana in the Marine Corps. He was a lifer and retired and lives in Jacksonville, NC. He said he never wanted to live any further north, ever again.
Well here on the Coast in Gulfport, Harrison County, is the place to be! Up north of the interstate. What you coming here for? Work retire?? Be ye careful of those national Companies for real estate!!!
Well here on the Coast in Gulfport, Harrison County, is the place to be! Up north of the interstate. What you coming here for? Work retire?? Be ye careful of those national Companies for real estate!!!
Around here we have about 3 months of guaranteed good summer like weather. The other nine are iffy. So better weather and yes I call it in-between jobs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should look at the three coastal counties before you make a firm decision. If you get down here, several of us would meet you for coffee and give you the 411.
Trying to find that sweet spot. Close but not too close to the coast. Relatively safe from crime and flooding with a small town friendly atmosphere. I also notice on here that there are occasionally meet and greets. I will pay attention to that an attend also. I am also really looking forward to the food. My mother always said "eating is one of life's greatest pleasures" I am agreeing:) Trade some of my sauerkraut for somebody's Cajun food:) Hopefully I won't get run out of town for bringing in sauerkraut.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I understand you guys are experiencing a cold snap. It's all relative. I can update my previous post. Currently here the air temp is -20 and the wind chill -40. Thank goodness it's sunnyo_O

1 - 20 of 35 Posts