Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a combo G19 and sub 2000 G19 Gen2? The G19 is a given, honest opinion on the sub....I have a AR9 upper I'm thinking of selling/trading along with a few other pistols to get the two.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've had both and the AR-9 is twice the gun that the Sub2k is.

Twice as accurate, twice as reliable, twice as fast in USPSA or Steel Challenge competition. (also twice the weight and, at the time I got mine, twice the cost - although they have come down a bit since). A 9mm carbine also really needs a red-dot sight, and there was nowhere good to mount it on the Gen 1 that I had.

The Sub2k does have twice the recoil, so there is that...

The only thing the Sub2k really has going for it is the light weight and the ability to fold up into a compact package. That is cool, but does not make up for its deficits as an actual shooting implement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had both and the AR-9 is twice the gun that the Sub2k is.

Twice as accurate, twice as reliable, twice as fast in USPSA or Steel Challenge competition. (also twice the weight and, at the time I got mine, twice the cost - although they have come down a bit since). A 9mm carbine also really needs a red-dot sight, and there was nowhere good to mount it on the Gen 1 that I had.

The Sub2k does have twice the recoil, so there is that...

The only thing the Sub2k really has going for it is the light weight and the ability to fold up into a compact package. That is cool, but does not make up for its deficits as an actual shooting implement.
No doubt my AR9 is a great gun...I may just find a glock lower and call it a day...trying to consolidate cals/mags..thanks for the opinions guys

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Look at the Ruger PC Carbine maybe.
Agreed. The PC Carbine is better then the Sub2k. For me shooting left handed, the Sub2k constantly threw brass at me. Was never a problem with an AR-9 or Ruger PCC.

I will even bet that they come out with the 'pistol' version of the PC Carbine next year. The newest version has where the stock is AR compatible and easily removed. Makes me think they will put a brace on there and throw a shorter takedown barrel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed. The PC Carbine is better then the Sub2k. For me shooting left handed, the Sub2k constantly threw brass at me. Was never a problem with an AR-9 or Ruger PCC.

I will even bet that they come out with the 'pistol' version of the PC Carbine next year. The newest version has where the stock is AR compatible and easily removed. Makes me think they will put a brace on there and throw a shorter takedown barrel
I may have to hold off and see if that happens, that would be a sweet setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, you've all sold me on the Ruger PC, I've already got a Ruger SR40C, so it makes sense to get the PC in 40cal and use the same mags for each. Thanks all for the recommend!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Ok, you've all sold me on the Ruger PC, I've already got a Ruger SR40C, so it makes sense to get the PC in 40cal and use the same mags for each. Thanks all for the recommend!
I had to go do a little reading. I didn't realize that Ruger had released the carbine in 40 S&W again. I've got an original first gen in 40 S&W.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts