Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago my dogs barked and I looked outside. A late model truck had pulled up and it was one of my friends that I had not seen in a while. Several years ago I sold him a H&R 243 for his disabled son to deer hunt with. A couple years after he came back and wanted to trade it for a H&R 223. His son had gotten afraid of probably a combination of muzzle blast and light kick of the 243. So we traded. Well he pulled out the rifle and after target shooting the hull did not want to eject and was stuck. I got my cleaning rod and the hull easily came out. So while he waited I examined the ejector and it would eject a loaded unfired round.
So I gave the rifle barrel and especially the chamber area a good cleaning. After a while of cleaning and examining the inside of the barrel and chamber with a light, I went back outside and tested the same ammo.
I then told him that I had read a post on this forum that showed a ruptured case of a PPU
ROUND that had been shot. I went inside and retrieved some Federal American Eagle 50 grain ammo and shot it. When I opened the barrel the ejector sailed the Federal case about 6 to 8 feet away. I told him that I believed that the case was slightly swelling just enough to cause the problem. I think Twangbanger posted the picture about the PPU ammo. While I had shot this ammo in 22 Hornet and 22-250 without any problems, a problem showed up here.
He said how much do I owe you? Nothing, not anything and even offered to give him the box of Federal. He said he had some Hornady and passed. But before he left he invited me to a cookout that his organization puts on for disabled kids and adults and veterens . And the next day they are having a hunt . He invited me to both. It made me feel good, it is not all about money. Church is great but it is how we treat our fellowman during the week that shows if we
are living Christ,s teachings.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Nice story about the spirit of a Christian. I’m betting the story would read the same any time of year; not just at Christmas.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts
:101010:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts