Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pistol that accepts G17 mags (flush with the bottom of the grip), but has the shorter G19 sized slide . . . to pair with my Kel-Tec Sub2000.

I was told in another thread to look at the Glock 45 or the 19X. Do you have a preference? Is there really that much of a difference?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The 19x takes specific magazines due to a lip at the front of the magwell. This can be fixed with a filed/dremel/soldering iron if you just have to have the peanut-butter color. However, the 45 will accept all standard g17 magazines and is essentially the same thing but black.
Are you sure about this? My 19x uses all of my other glock mags fine, I even use G22 .40 mags for range trips. The 19X will not accept the gen 5 mags that have the lip but will accept all older mags IIRC.

Also if you go 19x you get the maritime spring cups so you can shoot underwater lol.

ETA: The 19X is not a Gen5 glock. The G45 is a gen 5, you gain front serrations with the G45.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Are you sure about this? My 19x uses all of my other glock mags fine, I even use G22 .40 mags for range trips. The 19X will not accept the gen 5 mags that have the lip but will accept all older mags IIRC.

Also if you go 19x you get the maritime spring cups so you can shoot underwater lol.

ETA: The 19X is not a Gen5 glock. The G45 is a gen 5, you gain front serrations with the G45.
Oopp! I meant to say that the G19x wouldn't take Gen 5 G17 mags.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,412 Posts
I'm looking for a pistol that accepts G17 mags (flush with the bottom of the grip), but has the shorter G19 sized slide . . . to pair with my Kel-Tec Sub2000.

I was told in another thread to look at the Glock 45 or the 19X. Do you have a preference? Is there really that much of a difference?
Glock 19, 19 sized slide and takes 17 mags in addition to the G19 mags.

·
Super Moderator
12,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glock 19, 19 sized slide and takes 17 mags in addition to the G19 mags.
I don't want to "accidentally" (either in the dark, or in the heat of the moment), try to insert a G19 mag into my Sub2K, only to discover it won't fit.

I'd rather her have a pistol that ONLY takes G17 (or longer) mags, to eliminate to possibility of a mix-up.

I'd probably come out cheaper just setting for a G17 and dealing with the longer slide, but I like the shorter G19 slide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts