Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking to trade a Stoeger Cougar + cash for a Glock 26. However, looked at the respective specs the other day between the G26 and the G19 and it seems the difference in size is fairly minimal. I'd be curious to hear from all the Glock experts out there as to the respective pros and cons of getting either. I've shot the 26 and liked it, and this would primarily be for CC. Have no experience with the G19. The Stoeger is a great pistol but I'm looking to get something lighter.

· Registered
1,819 Posts
Do you live in the Jackson area? If so, you're more than welcome to shoot both of mine and see which one fits you better. I plan to go up to Turcotte either this week or next, depending on the weather. I like both of mine, but for some strange reason, I shoot better with the 26 than the 19 at typical SD distances. However, most people I know experience just the opposite. As I said, it's always better to get your own first hand knowledge and you're welcome to do it with mine. I need to shoot both of them anyway.

· Registered
7,767 Posts
The size difference is minimal but those minimal differences are huge when concealment is an issue. I would much rather carry the 26. I only carry the 19 when I've got a large jacket or something to pull over it. Granted, a good holster could go a long way toward solving those problems but you also have to consider summer carry conditions. The 26 grip is considerably shorter and covers with a t-shirt much easier. Provided that you like the 26 and you do shoot well with it, I'd suggest getting it first and then going for the 19 if you still want one. You can also stock up on 19, 17, and 18 (33rd) mags. They'll fit the 26.

· Registered
4 Posts
Caleb's right, a concealment holster goes a long way.

I own and carry both the G19 and the G26. For me, both are easily concealable. To give you an idea of what I mean by easily concealable, I'm 5'5" and 121lbs. I'll carry the G26 in the small of my back and the G19 at the 3'o-clock inside a Comp-Tac Spartan holster. With the G19 tilted 15 degrees forward, it doesn't print for me even when wearing a athletic fit t-shirt.

· Registered
1,819 Posts
We're supposed to get together soon to shoot mine, but I plan to throw a monkey wrench in the mix that may change his mind about buying a Glock all together. I'm gonna let him shoot the Glocks 'til he's satisfied, then I'm gonna hand him this little SR9c. Even though I'm awful fond of my Glocks, if I had to do it all over again, I might just skip them and buy a couple of these instead. Ruger got everything right on this little pistol. Everything that's lacking on a Glock, including all the little nickel and dime upgrades, are in the box with this one. Additionally, I have 10 round CCW capability and 17 round FS hi-cap capability in the same package. On top of all that, the little gun is exactly the right size. Just about half way in between the 19 and 26. I hear large handed folks complaining about not enough grip room on the 26 and I hear small handed folks complaining about the Glocky brick size grip on the 19. Well, the SR9c grip should be just about perfect for all of them and, if it's not, the backstrap is adjustable. However, the main thing that will reel in Glock users is the trigger. It's so nice and I've never felt a Glock, no matter how much trigger work, that even came close to it. As a matter of fact, I've felt very few triggers on anything that came close. Add to that that Zim can buy a new one for less than a nice used Glock is likely to set him back and I have a sneaky feeling he may be looking for a different brand after we go shooting my Glocks.:)

· Registered
3,822 Posts
of those choices, 26 if mainly for conceal carry, but if for all around it's gotta be the 19. I prefer a 36 for carry compared to the choices here. I just like the 45acp for stopping power, but that's a dead horse kicking.

· Registered
83 Posts
Had both, sold the 19 and bought a 17. For me, the 26 is my CCW choice if carrying a glock. The 19 seemed to just be a bit too big for everyday CCW. For a short time it would work ok, but for all day every day I pick the 26.

· Registered
254 Posts
Hooter said:
What holsters are you G26 guys using for CC?
High Noon split decision or hidden ally for me, tuckable, great quality leather, fits the gun nicely, has an adjustable tension screw, rides at the right heigh on my belt, and great price too (around $40). I have tried 3 or 4 others and always end up keeping the high noon

· Registered
74 Posts
I have both and can tell little difference in the size when carrying. However, I only have a holster for the 19 so that may have something to do with it. I actually shoot better with the 26 for some reason. Both go bang every time you press the trigger but for the size difference I prefer to carry 16 rnds instead of 11 when I carry a Glock. Yes I do want a 17 so I can carry 18 rnds but that may be in the future. I usually carry a 1911 these days to the length and height are not much of an issue when used in a proper holster. I know this is not really is an answer so if I were to choose I would go for the 19.

Dion

· Registered
90 Posts
I have a 26 and a 19. Honestly if you have a good holster and dress right the 19 is perfect. I have a M-Tac and have carried the 19 under a t-shirt and I couldn't even see it. I am 6'3" 190ish. I got the 26 just cause I think it's cute. The 19 is the perfect Glock.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glock 26

Met up with Hrdnox at Turcotte today and tried both the 19 and the 26. Both were good but I shot appreciably better with the 26. I think the half inch shorter barrel gave me a better view of the sights that corresponded to the reading prescription on my glasses. While it's a close call, I am going to go with a 26. Hrdnox is a good guy and I appreciate him letting me try them out. I also tried that new Ruger of his and it is an excellent shooter.

· Registered
1,819 Posts
I enjoyed shooting with you today, too, Mark. It was a very nice day to be at the range, a little crowded, but pleasant, just the same. Yeah, I hated to lose a sale, but we had already discussed my opinions concerning the two guns and I always want to see someone in the right gun, whether I have one to sell or not. The 19 is a great all around gun, but it seems a lot of people feel they shoot the 26 better. I think we can add our names to that group, as well. I saw a 26 for trade on the board a few minutes ago. You might need to talk with him.:) First one I've seen around here in a while.:confused:

· Registered
284 Posts
I would love to recommend the Galco Walkabout for concealed Carry, my G27 totally disappears under a tee shirt, almost as concealable as my J frames, I personally chose the G23-G27 combo, that's the combo that works best for me, but the G19-G26 combo is an excellent choice.

Trojan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.