close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 41 Gen 4

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by PWB, May 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PWB

PWB Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I’ve had a Glock 21 Gen 4 on order at my favorite local police supply store for a while. I stopped by yesterday to check on it and was told that it was still on back order. I was told the reason for the delay is due to the high demand for Glock 21 Gen 4 (At least in the blue label category). They did have a used one. It looked like it had been rode hard and hung out wet. I have no doubt it would still work however, I decided to pass on it!
    What they did have was a brand new Glock 41 Gen 4. So I put the Glock 21 on hold for a while and brought the Glock 41 home. For a pistol with a 5.5 inch barrel it has a good balance and feel to it. It will be used mostly as a range gun but it may serve as an occasional carry weapon. I carry my 1911 and S&W Model 27 4 inch every now and then. The Glock 41 is no more cumbersome or heavier than either of these, so it’s likely to see some CCW use. On some of my other Glocks I’ve changed out the sights and installed either Glock or Trijicon night sights. The Glock 41 came with a set of adaptors to mount an optic systems. I’ve never used optics on a pistol other than the iron sights that came with them. May have to give it a try at some point. .45 acp is one of my favorite pistols to load for so I’m looking forward to working up some loads for this one.

DSC_0008.JPG

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Blondie70, Hrdnox and Cliff731 like this.
  2. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Got one a while back, non-MOS model though. You'll enjoy it. Mine is my nightstand gun. One thing though, those mags are TIGHT. Fully load them long before you go to the range and try to let them "break in" a bit. Mine was so tight the first range trip I had a hard time getting the mags fully seated.

Yall help me spend some money...

PWB likes this.

3. jakeg823

Also, the talon grip tape helps a LOT. Not that the recoil is bad, but even with the gen4 texturing it was sliding around in my hand a bit.

PWB likes this.
  4. PWB

PWB Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've put Talon grips on all of my Glocks, ordered a pair this morning for my G-41. I'll probably put some different sights on it. I have Trijicon night sights on my G-22, most of my other Glocks have Glock night sights. Can't tell the difference between the Trijicon and Glock night sights; except for the price! My Kimber and Ruger Wylie Clapp GP-100 have some kind of hi-viz sights that are excellency for target shooting. If I can find some that fit the G-41 I may give it a try. The only other thing I'll try is an aftermarket barrel. I put a KKM in my G-22 and it seems to be a bit more accurate with reloads; with factory ammo, its six in one half dozen in the other! I'll run a few hundred rounds with the G-41 factory barrel before I try out an aftermarket barrel. Finding a decent holster may take awhile. I generally prefer Blackhawks but can't seem to find one for it. A Glock 21 holster will work with a little bit sticking out the end (which I don't mind) but, the places I generally shop for Glock stuff don't have anything in stock for a G-21!

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  5. jakeg823

I bought a kydex holster from Red Eye Tactical. Pretty fast turnaround, reasonable prices. Carried it a bit just for shiggles. No problems.

Sights are pretty high up on my list.

PWB and CajunBP like this.
  6. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Take a look at wiliams fire sights, i have a set on my glock 23 and really like them. If my others had not come with night sights installed i would have these sights on them.

PWB likes this.