Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Connector

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by rigrat, Mar 12, 2018.

1. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

So I ordered a Lone Wolf connector for my G19 , Gen 4. What I'm wondering is if I should expect much improvement over the stock connector? The trigger pull is pretty bad on the G19 right now compared to what I remember on the gen 3's. After shooting the XD9 with a 3# trigger the G19 now feels like it has a 20# pull.
    So hoping this will help smooth and lighten it.
  2. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

In my experience they’re generally smoother/less gritty. Not typically significantly lighter though.

I can deal with a heavy trigger, it just has to be smooth.
    Jarhead5811 likes this.

3. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I was hoping for a little lighter. That 3#trigger about ruined me.
  4. Bert Wallace

Bert Wallace Full Poster

It will be lighter, but it's still a squishy Glock trigger.
  5. jakeg823

If you can spare $150-200 you can get any of the nice aftermarket triggers. That’s the only way you’re going to see a significant improvement, IMO. I’m considering a Pyramid trigger for my 41.

Or you could always put a few thousand rounds through it, if you haven’t already. Glock triggers do smooth up reasonably well with heavier use, in my experience. Obviously, the connector should help get you there quicker.
    rigrat and Canman like this.
  6. Bert Wallace

Bert Wallace Full Poster

Thanks Jake. That is exactly what I was thinking. I was just too lazy to type it all. ;)
    rigrat and jakeg823 like this.
  7. Canman

Canman Distinguished Poster

Just put this in my G19 worth ever penny.
    rigrat and jakeg823 like this.
  8. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yeah money is tight with the change in jobs I've had to do this last year. And want have any job security until I get my QMED. SO was trying to get a better one for not much money, kinda cheap like that.
    I'll try this connector and polish everything up and see where I'm at. I would take me a long time to get to a thousand rounds at the rate I'm shooting now days. :(

Not a bad price either.I could probably swing this if need be. Thanks for the info, will get it bookmarked for reference.
    Canman likes this.
  9. jakeg823

Completely understand that. I changed jobs in April, and went from my main monthly income plus the part time money from academy every 2 weeks to just the new monthly income.

More money but man it’s hard to make it stretch even after all this time. I doubt I’ll ever get used to it.
    Jarhead5811 and rigrat like this.
  10. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yeah I lost a third of my income in one fail swoop. But I have a job and it pays the bills most of the time and have insurance that is pretty good. I'm blessed.
    Just got to get a part time job to fund my gun hobby , running out of ones to sell. How much can you get for selling plasma?
    Jarhead5811, fordpkup and jakeg823 like this.
  11. jakeg823

Not sure but I’m considering selling body parts I have spares of.

I want a job in a gun shop that I can just get store credit for. Had a couple opportunities but the wife got tired of me being gone 70+ hours a week while I was working two jobs before so she says if I get another PT job it better be for money, not guns. :mad:
  12. ssanders224

ssanders224 Distinguished Poster

Don't do it!
    Na, jk... give it a try, but it won't do much other than make your trigger more squishy and travel further.

You can't have your cake and eat it too with Glock triggers. Steeper connectors will provide a faster (cripser) break, but offer less mechanical advantage, so the break weight will tend to be heavier. "Shallower" connectors, (-) and Ghost style, offer greater mechanical advantage with the trade of more travel (squishy).

IMO, a dot connector, and a 6lb trigger spring, coupled with a nice polish and possibly a trigger shoe with pre/over travel adjustment is the best you're going to do. Set it up that way, and learn to shoot it.
    rigrat likes this.
  13. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Ok installed the connector today and it did help the pull. But as was stated by ssanders it is kinda squishy for lack of better term. But it is a improvement for now. Will save up for a complete trigger with both pre and over travel adjustment.
    jakeg823 likes this.
  14. namsag

namsag Distinguished Poster

I like the Ghost Evo 3.5 connector and springs. I have put them in several of my Glocks and they are a vast improvement over stock. Then, I found something I like even better: the AD Switch trigger. They are very expensive and hard to get but MAN they are nice. I like them better than any trigger I've ever tried on a Glock.
  15. Arms Lister

Arms Lister Glocks beat Rocks

I recommend simply exercising your trigger finger. To the left you will see the target from my ccw enhanced class at Turcotte. This was done with a 17 or a 19, both have factory triggers with no modifications and only a couple of boxes down the barrels. I could have made it tighter but tried to punch more paper out so it would not look as though I was dumping rounds into the dirt.

I have to give thanks to the Lord for the skills that he has given me but I think that he has helped my pistol accuracy by having me practice with laser training pistols. These give your trigger finger a real workout and show any errors in form so that you can develop the strength and muscle memory necessary to squeeze the trigger properly.

As you all know, there are no mechanical safeties on the Glocks besides that on the trigger itself, with one exception being that X model, so a lighter trigger pull weight increases the likelihood of accidental or premature discharge in a high stress self-defense situation as you place your finger on the trigger.

You might say that the finger should not be placed on the trigger until a determination to fire has been made. I have not seen the police practice that way. Their fingers move to the trigger as soon as they point the gun towards the threat and before a determination to fire has been made.

Those are my two cents, as they say. You can pick them up and put them in your piggy-bank or leave them on the table.
  16. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I lighter trigger on a Glock does nothing more to safety than any other pistol with a trigger job. And yes trigger time means allot but a better trigger will also mean even more to your accuracy. With Glocks the long squishy and gritty take up is what is bad. That lends to decreased accuracy also.

17. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Well got a chance to shoot the Glock 19 today with the new connector. Made a pretty good improvement on the trigger. It is smoother and not as heavy. If I'd do a .25 cent polish job it'd probably be even better. But for now its good enough.
    jakeg823 likes this.