Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Glock 40 10mm is sick. The trigger will not fully reset. Dry fire it, cycle the slide then ease off the trigger and it doesn’t fully reset to where it should.

J.B.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,736 Posts
You may want to try and clean it. May be gunked up with crud.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Could be a piece of trash, (like sliver of brass, kennel of powder, dirt, etc.). Some of the Federal and Winchester “value” packs were the dirtiest shooting ammo.

On my Glocks, instead of “Gun Scrubber” I’ve used NON CHLORINATED brake cleaner that is at Walmart for 1/4 to 1/3 the price of Gun Scrubber. Test a drop in a inconspicuous area first, but it’s been fine on my Glocks, M&Ps and other polymer guns. I use it on my wood stocked guns too, but only after I’ve removed the wood.

You’ll need to relube afterwards, but a good flushing should let you know if you have a mechanical problem.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had this sucker apart 20 times I bet and just remembered that when I replaced the connector I dropped the trigger bar and rolled over it with my chair. I bent the arm that the spring hooks to just a butt hair forward and it works like it should now. About to go shoot it to make sure it's fixed but it dry fires and resets just fine now. I'll prolly order a new one just to be on the safe side!

J.B.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
I've had this sucker apart 20 times I bet and just remembered that when I replaced the connector I dropped the trigger bar and rolled over it with my chair. I bent the arm that the spring hooks to just a butt hair forward and it works like it should now. About to go shoot it to make sure it's fixed but it dry fires and resets just fine now. I'll prolly order a new one just to be on the safe side!

J.B.
I have a new one, $10

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,736 Posts
Glock perfection until a non glock guy messes with it, LOL.

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,736 Posts
NIce

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,824 Posts
Anytime you discover what the problem is and repair it; you are a winner and you have learned something new.(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve been using crc qd electronic cleaner for a while to clean my plastic guns. Cheap, works great and never had a problem yet

Liquid Fluid Mammal Bottle Gas

Could be a piece of trash, (like sliver of brass, kennel of powder, dirt, etc.). Some of the Federal and Winchester “value” packs were the dirtiest shooting ammo.

On my Glocks, instead of “Gun Scrubber” I’ve used NON CHLORINATED brake cleaner that is at Walmart for 1/4 to 1/3 the price of Gun Scrubber. Test a drop in a inconspicuous area first, but it’s been fine on my Glocks, M&Ps and other polymer guns. I use it on my wood stocked guns too, but only after I’ve removed the wood.

You’ll need to relube afterwards, but a good flushing should let you know if you have a mechanical problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts