Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trading for a Glock mag type KelTec Sub2000, and trading my XD-45 for a model 19 I am back on the Glock side. One thing I noticed is, after owning both the gen. 2 and 3's, the second generation Glocks have a better feel to me. Am I the only one like this?
I would like to get a 17, a 34, and a 26 later. The 17 is no problem, there are plenty gen 2 17's available. But what about a fingergrooveless 34 and 26? I have thought about buying a 34 and trading frames with a 17. For the 26 what about shortning the grip on a 19 or smoothing the 26 down? Ideas?

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
I'd just buy one of each...

:thinking:

Oh yeah...already did

I have 19,17,34 and 26... I don't care what Gen they are...I just shoot em

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I personally am not a fan of the Gen 3 grips. I know there are companies out there that specialize in removing the finger ridges and putting their own pattern on the grip instead, but they look pretty rough IMO. I'd love it if someone could come up with a way to put a 1911 grip angle on them, but I suspect that'd involve manufacturing an entirely new frame, which would then (legally) be a whole new SN.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
I like the grip on my 34 with the finger groves. Don't know what gen. it is. Let me know if you want a 26. Got one with a CT I got off my son but to small for my hand. Already had a 19 so other than family, I wouldn't have got it. Been thinking about putting 19 clips in it but the I just have a short barrel 19.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
slabsides45 said:
I personally am not a fan of the Gen 3 grips. I know there are companies out there that specialize in removing the finger ridges and putting their own pattern on the grip instead, but they look pretty rough IMO. I'd love it if someone could come up with a way to put a 1911 grip angle on them, but I suspect that'd involve manufacturing an entirely new frame, which would then (legally) be a whole new SN.
They still have finger grooves but are supposed to be a lot more ergonomic.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3168

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
You can get a reduction done. Muddawg is getting a LWD frame soon and I am awaiting an answer on how it is. I kinda want one to try. BTW I like the fingergrooves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts