Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who is a SRO has asked about having the trigger tuned on his Glock, it's got a very heavy pull and he wants it improved. Which parts does he need to order? I looked at Dillon Precision but am confused.
TIA!

·
Glad to be here
1,080 Posts
I would start first with the connector and trigger spring. Both of which the armorer for the department ( I assume the SRO is city police or county deputy) should be able to change.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Man Glock triggers are like CPAP masks, you may find that you have to try several before you find one you like, it can get very expensive. Best if your friend can try several on other people's guns before plunking his money down.

He may find that if he just puts a Minus connector in it and fires a thousand rounds or so, it will be good for him.

Aftermarket parts are where it gets expensive. I have tried the Ghost connectors and springs and many people feel they are an improvement but they feel kind of spongy to me.

Of the triggers I have tried, by far my favorite is the AD Switch but they are expensive and very hard to get, long wait time. It makes the Glock almost like a 1911! It is a complete drop in kit plus a polished firing pin safety.

My next favorite is the Overwatch Precision Falx or DAT (just the trigger and bar) with an NP3'ed Minus connector.

There are so many other kinds you can drive yourself crazy and into the poorhouse. I have seen people do all that, only to trash it all and end up back at stock trigger parts!

Best to try other people's stuff first! One caveat about that though - how competent was the person who did the work?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
To echo what Mr. Clean said, if he is in LE, most department policies explicitly forbid modifying triggers on duty weapons, if it's his personal weapon that he uses on duty the policy could be different, but I still wouldn't recommend changing striker springs on a duty gun. When you start f'ing with striker springs, you create a large opportunity for light strikes in the glock platform. A fluff and buff on the internals and a minus connector is probably all it needs, and IMO if it's a newer gen 4 with the "dot" connector, a fluff and buff is all it needs. The minus connector in my experience is mushier than the dot. Take whatever money he intended to invest in gucci glock parts and spend it on ammo and training. It will pay larger dividends.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He works for the school district, is a sworn officer, but not for any dept. Most SROs I've worked with were county sheriff department employees but he is not although he was at one time a deputy for the county , which is why he has this position. It is a unique school district and a unique situation. I was looking at Dillon's parts for the Glock, any and all links would be appreciated. Again thanks for advice and comments.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
There is a guy at the Laurel shows who has a huge assortment of Glk triggers. He put one in my 23 that is extremely sweet. 3.1#s smooth as silk and you can adjust the take-up. I'll see if I can find his info.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a guy at the Laurel shows who has a huge assortment of Glk triggers. He put one in my 23 that is extremely sweet. 3.1#s smooth as silk and you can adjust the take-up. I'll see if I can find his info.
Thank you sir, let me know. This is a 22 in .40cal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts