Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Glock Vs SA

4K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  GunOneDown 
G
#1 ·
Ok guys I'm gonna try out these babies when I'm back in a month but I wanna know what you think of these. I want it for concealment and for recreational shooting and home protection.

I would like to try the G27 .40 and the G36 .45 AUTO, the 36 appeals to me as its slimline. I have really small hands.

Glocks are known to be virtually indestructable and known to perform great hence my interest in them.

I also like the SA XD and XDM. The grip safety puts me off though.

Michael says a glock. lol

I don't wanna try anything else though.

Thanks a lot.

#9 ·
I dont buy into the Glock phenom but if SA would produce a sub 45 then there would be no doubt. On that note I think I will drink some glockade and go the G30 route as I like to have a sub and stay within my caliber of choice the ole 45!! It is ashame that we must go outside the SA relm but for a sub 45 polymer you must. Happy hunting.

and the 30 and 36 are the smallest models within the 45acp cloake.

G
#11 ·
A small lady with small hands doesn't need to try to handle a .45 in any model or make. Stick with the .40 cal.. True, it's not as powerful as the .45 but it is easier for a lady to shoot. I sincerely believe that you would like the SA XD(M) 3,8 in a 40 cal.. I have two XD(M) pistols and I am satisfied with both. If you will be in the Columbus area, then I can meet you at the Starkville gun club and let you shoot a full sized XD(M) 40 all you want. The XD(M)'s have inter-changable back straps to fit any size hands. I am retired and can be at the range just about any time. Just an offer to let you shoot an XD(M).

#12 ·
No love here at all for Smith & Wesson? M&P40 or 45 compact, 3 diff grips for different size hands. and...it's...MADE in the USA! Oh yeah, you're from Scotland, never mind that part. Did I mention the Lifetime Warranty?

#13 ·
Due to the double stack design of the 27 there is more perceived recoil than the 36 in 45. Get the 36. I have many glocks, xds, 1911, revos....and the list goes on. I have all the guns you listed and the 36 tops the list. If you are a shooting hunting female you can handle it.

#15 ·
Remgirl, I don't think you would like the kick the .45 is going to give you in the small 36 glock. I would take a look at the XDM 3.8 .40. Also I would look real hard at the Beretta PX4 storm compact in the 9mm and .40. I will post link to review on them.
Never rule out the snub nose .38 revolver either. I have a S&W 442 .38 with crimson trace laser grips and often carry that in my front pants pocket. At night I leave it by the night stand for my wife. She likes the laser because all you have to do is put the red dot on the target.

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite/IMO_GA/Story_C/The+Coming+Storm

G
#16 ·
Thanks all, I will shoot when I'm over in 1 month and see what I like. I think .40 is the highest I will go as far as calibers are concerned.

No love here at all for Smith & Wesson? M&P40 or 45 compact, 3 diff grips for different size hands. and...it's...MADE in the USA! Oh yeah, you're from Scotland, never mind that part.
I'm slightly confused as to why being from Scotland would alter my perception on American brand firearms? (I have spent so much time in the US of A it is my 2nd home) I looked into the M&P .40 but I have heard so much about the SA XD and glocks that i've decided to stick to those two. If I happened to have an opportunity to shoot then well that would be a bonus and I would certainly not refuse. P.S I shoot a R700.

Just an offer to let you shoot an XD(M).
Thanks for the offer, i'll defo take you up on that when I'm back over. :thumbup:

I think from what everyone is sayin' .40 is enough so i'll stick with that. Though the grip safety on the XD does make me a bit wary as well my shooting skills are not the greatest and in a life or death situation with nerves going etc I may screw up and end up dead.

#17 ·
I'm slightly confused as to why being from Scotland would alter my perception on American brand firearms? (I have spent so much time in the US of A it is my 2nd home)

I think it is just a pride thing. Alot of us try to buy American made to support our fellow Americans! Just like I like to buy Winchester ammo because Winchester has a plant here in Mississippi (even though it is in Oxford!).

G
#18 ·
It doesn't matter if I am Scottish though... :lol3:

I've always loved American firearms, some of the best. Don't get many UK made firearms nowadays, plus many of us love them.

I don't see anything wrong with being proud of your own nations brand of products, we produce things here too and I WOULD buy them but a lot of the times It can be expensive but you know what they say, you get what you pay for.

I.E shipbuilding (Clydeside most famous in the world)
Whisky
Tartans
Much more..
Though a huge bulk of our nations industries has been sold out to Asian countries like China, Taiwan and also India etc. Its happening in the states too which is sad. They're always trying to save money somewhere.

I remember huge protests when they were gradually outsourcing our ship building and they done it with the auto industry, aviation and now it looks like they're trying to do it with our whisky industry.

#19 ·
this subject makes my brain itch, behind and to the left of my right eyeball....

If you must get a polymer handgun, I would suggest going with either SAXD/M or glock which you have allready done and brand loyalty inclines me to suggest springfield due to them being a US company and customer service blah blah youve heard it all before . I would suggest a smaller caliber in a polymer gun because the weight of the firearm dampens recoil and poly aint heavy, so 9mm or 40 would be ideal although 40 is a bit "snappy" on the recoil meter.

I clearly recall your "confession" of loving 1911s, why not get a commander sized, theyre small, singlestack, "God's caliber" concealable and fun to shoot; suitable for carry, HD and plinking ( ammo price excluded).

if you dont wanna go the 1911 route go and handle a bunch of XDs and glucks and see what you like better then buy it.

A wise man once told me (last night) when faced with a decision between 2 things of equal quality and function; go with the cheapest one.

#21 ·
shoeshooter said:
No love here at all for Smith & Wesson? M&P40 or 45 compact, 3 diff grips for different size hands. and...it's...MADE in the USA! Oh yeah, you're from Scotland, never mind that part. Did I mention the Lifetime Warranty?
Guess I should have added a a smiley. True confession, back in the day when I indulged in the evil products of the distillers art :p (note the smiley), I MUCH preferred scotch whiskey over any other, including American. Glenfiddich neat, as I recall.

G
#22 ·
crossedcannons45 said:
this subject makes my brain itch, behind and to the left of my right eyeball....

If you must get a polymer handgun, I would suggest going with either SAXD/M or glock which you have allready done and brand loyalty inclines me to suggest springfield due to them being a US company and customer service blah blah youve heard it all before . I would suggest a smaller caliber in a polymer gun because the weight of the firearm dampens recoil and poly aint heavy, so 9mm or 40 would be ideal although 40 is a bit "snappy" on the recoil meter.

I clearly recall your "confession" of loving 1911s, why not get a commander sized, theyre small, singlestack, "God's caliber" concealable and fun to shoot; suitable for carry, HD and plinking ( ammo price excluded).

if you dont wanna go the 1911 route go and handle a bunch of XDs and glucks and see what you like better then buy it.

A wise man once told me (last night) when faced with a decision between 2 things of equal quality and function; go with the cheapest one.
Most 1911's i've seen are $800+ unless im looking in the wrong place?

G
#23 ·
shoeshooter said:
shoeshooter said:
Guess I should have added a a smiley. True confession, back in the day when I indulged in the evil products of the distillers art :p (note the smiley), I MUCH preferred scotch whiskey over any other, including American. Glenfiddich neat, as I recall.
Had J&B last night, no talk about whisky today hahahaha! :p

I do love American guns. Very popular "over here"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.