Mississippi Gun Owners banner

God's Favorite Son

Devotion 
475 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  patchz 
#1 ·
• How can you spot a proud father, whether it’s at a preschool play or a high school band concert?

• How do you picture the relationship between God the Father and Jesus the Son?

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:3 - 4

People who don’t understand God sometimes try to portray him as a villain who sends innocent people to hell just because they don’t believe exactly what he tells them to believe. But the apostle Paul’s words in 1 Timothy 2 give us a more accurate picture. God wants all people to be saved because he loves all people. He wants us to spend eternity with him.

Beyond that, though, he wants us to understand the truth about his Son. Don’t forget, God is a proud Father—and for good reason. His Son is perfect. When Jesus was baptized, God made his voice known from heaven: “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17).

God knows exactly what it cost Jesus to come to earth, live as one of us, suffer at our hands and die for our sins. He is perfectly proud of his Son, and he wants everyone on earth to know exactly what he did.

That’s our cue. When we talk about the greatest things that have ever happened to us, Jesus’ sacrifice should be at the top of our list. Any time we have a chance to tell someone how incredible Jesus is, we should do it.

PRAYER

Dear God, we praise you for sending your only Son to die for us. Give us the words to tell others what he has done. Guide us as we spread the news of his sacrifice. Amen.

See less See more
#7 ·
Amen

Reactions: Twang and patchz
#8 ·
Amen

Reactions: Twang
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.