Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.
Exodus 25:8 – 9

Give a child some old sheets and pillows, and watch him or her construct a giant fort. Let a kid loose in enough snow, and a castle will materialize. In the eyes of children, these structures are magnificent and magical. Children like to build and play in forts that replicate their real houses — places that offer shelter, protection and stability.

When God commissioned the Israelites to build a home for him, he obviously wasn’t asking them for protection from the rain. He’s God. Unlike a child’s fort, the tabernacle served a much greater purpose than a shelter or a place of protection. The tabernacle was important for its ability to teach the Israelites about their Lord. The Holy Place and Most Holy Place declared God’s perfect holiness and purity. The tabernacle’s detailed instructions proclaimed God’s creative genius. And the tabernacle’s portable nature told a migrant people that their God would always be with them no matter where they went.

Throughout the Bible, from the tabernacle to the temple to the birth of Jesus Christ, God has shown himself as our “God with us.” Wherever you go, God is with you.

PRAYER
Almighty God, you are my shelter …

· Registered
8,602 Posts
Amen.

Reactions: Twang
1 - 5 of 5 Posts