Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Good Deals Thread

639169 Views 6511 Replies 289 Participants Last post by  Xd357
I've seen this on a couple other forums and really like the idea. Basically, post up good deals that you have found while shopping on the web or in the "real world." No advertising stuff for sale - there's a For Sale forum for that. Just point your fellow gun owners to deals that may be of interest to them.

I'll start with an example:

See less See more
Reactions: 5
5061 - 5080 of 6512 Posts
Reactions: 2
This seems to have gone from a good deals thread to a "I wish I could find ammo" thread. I have a hard time calling 60 cents plus a round for 9mm range ammo a good deal; no matter how hard ammo is to find a "good deal" but hey I'm just silly that way
Reactions: 5
This seems to have gone from a good deals thread to a "I wish I could find ammo" thread. I have a hard time calling 60 cents plus a round for 9mm range ammo a good deal; no matter how hard ammo is to find a "good deal" but hey I'm just silly that way
I agree. The price isn't the deal, finding it readily in stock is, these days.
That's the most I've seen in stock at one time for months so maybe things are getting a little better.

60¢ a round with free shipping
Free shipping if you buy a case (10 boxes). Same for the "Champion" 115gr apparently:

Reactions: 1
That's the most I've seen in stock at one time for months so maybe things are getting a little better.
Speaking of finding ammo in stock, good deals and gouging ... this TTAG post is timely:
Palmetto State's Federal Independence 115gr 9mm FMJ Ammunition - $639 for 1000 Rounds - The Truth About Guns
"We’ve heard from one large ammo maker who doesn’t expect to catch up on their current backlog of orders for three years. You read that right, three years.

As for the price above, when you have tens of millions of gun owners chasing a commodity they all need at the same time, the price is going to rise. And it has. You can’t repeal the laws of economics no matter how hard you (and clueless politicians) may try."
Do we need an Ammo thread?

EDIT: A separate thread for "in stock" ammo would mean that people looking for good deals wouldn't have to wade through pages of over priced ammo posts LOL
Just say'n :)
Reactions: 4
I have 30/06 if someone is looking for it
The ammo posts above are “good deals” for current times. If some of you don’t like it then why not just ignore it instead of flooding the feed and doing exactly what you’re complaining about.. smh
Bought some of these 5 years ago for 'truck' binoculars and they are great so with this price they are definitely a great buy if anyone needs some misc use binoculars. I'm going to buy a set just to have in the camper, especially for our smokys trips. Ship free...but might be closed to making it for a Christmas gift given UPS's overload this year.

Do we need an Ammo thread?

EDIT: A separate thread for "in stock" ammo would mean that people looking for good deals wouldn't have to wade through pages of over priced ammo posts LOL
Just say'n :)
Go for it.
The ammo posts above are “good deals” for current times. If some of you don’t like it then why not just ignore it instead of flooding the feed and doing exactly what you’re complaining about.. smh
Pretty opinionated for someone who has been here a whole month.

Go for it.
Someone who is posting the ammo "deals" needs to do it. I don't happen to think they are deals but hey if the prices continue to rise I will certainly start offering some "deals" to them LOL

$159.99/2,000 rds
What would help lot in the ammo deal posting (and really almost every deal posting) is to upfront the price and quantity (where applicable, like with ammo) in the post here, without having to follow a link...
Reactions: 3
Kershaw Launch 8 push button automatic knife for $59.99 they usually run 90+ from what I've seen Kershaw Launch 8

$159.99/2,000 rds
OOS already
Pretty opinionated for someone who has been here a whole month.

Someone who is posting the ammo "deals" needs to do it. I don't happen to think they are deals but hey if the prices continue to rise I will certainly start offering some "deals" to them LOL
Oh my bad... didn’t realize there is a minimum time on this forum for knowing how to do math.

I know it’s expensive but compared to others it wasn’t. Just trying to help someone out
Midway has a good sale on bushnell DMR ii scopes. $799
Oh yes I need this for the privet hedge, kudzu.
Our county volunteer FD wouldn't be very amused, I fear. A few years ago they and the forestry service had to pay me a visit. The forestry service has a really nice road grader! Military olive green color about like the flame thrower above.
At least I got a nice berm for my impact area out of the conflagration. :rolleyes:
5061 - 5080 of 6512 Posts