Mississippi Gun Owners banner

5181 - 5200 of 5236 Posts

·
Registered
13,169 Posts
This is a bit local to NW MS, but I noticed at Double Barrel yesterday that Ellis has what looks to be a new CZ75B for $499, which in todays' market is a superb price for a new one. I'd call before making the trip to check if it's still there.
Was it a cz or one of the Turkish clones? The Turk ones almost look better than some of the cz’s do.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
This is a bit local to NW MS, but I noticed at Double Barrel yesterday that Ellis has what looks to be a new CZ75B for $499, which in todays' market is a superb price for a new one. I'd call before making the trip to check if it's still there.
CZ 👍​
Steel Frame 👍​
Price👍​
LGS👍​

Barrel Length 👎​
Sigh.​

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
CZ 👍​
Steel Frame 👍​
Price👍​
LGS👍​

Barrel Length 👎​
Sigh.​
Why the antipathy toward the standard classic CZ75B length barrel on a CZ75B? I like the barrel length on CZ75Bs. Too short? Too long? If it had a different barrel length, AFAIK it wouldn't be a CZ75B... (there are plenty of other CZ models, but the model designation CZ75B implies a certain set of specificatons, just like CZ75BD means CZ75B with a decocker).

·
Super Moderator
8,235 Posts
Not long ago, down here on the coast, a LGS had several of the CZ's at around that price. They had bought out all the remaining inventory of a California gun shop that was going out of business. As such, the only problem was that all the pistols were "California Compliant", meaning they only came with a 10 round magazine. You had to figure in spending extra money to buy standard capacity mags.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Man I used to live right by double barrel, bought my first 3 handguns from them I believe 2 were from Ellis. First one was when they were still on Old HWY 78 That's awesome he's still got deals.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Reactions: maxhush

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
Man I used to live right by double barrel, bought my first 3 handguns from them I believe 2 were from Ellis. First one was when they were still on Old HWY 78 That's awesome he's still got deals.
That was back when Daniel ran it. His (Daniels') FIL was the major backer then. Things got crusty between Daniel and the FIL and eventually it got sold to Ellis and moved down onto 305 to its' current location.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Why the antipathy toward the standard classic CZ75B length barrel on a CZ75B? I like the barrel length on CZ75Bs. Too short? Too long? If it had a different barrel length, AFAIK it wouldn't be a CZ75B... (there are plenty of other CZ models, but the model designation CZ75B implies a certain set of specificatons, just like CZ75BD means CZ75B with a decocker).
Barrel length makes a difference to me for EDC only, as I am small/short in stature.

I do prefer the CZ steel frames to their alloy frames and polymers. I (may) own each though.

I prefer CZ's to Glocks too ...

Personal preference, not antipathy.

To each his own.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts

$599.00 . In stock. Free shipping

·
Premium Member