Mississippi Gun Owners banner
5461 - 5480 of 5507 Posts

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
14,164 Posts
I've been tracking this Wheeler Engineering punch set on Amazon for quite some time and it's been hovering between $34 and $37 (or higher). Today it dropped to $18.11:

I doubt it will stay that low for very long.
@maxhush ... just as you predicted... the current Amazon price is now at $19.76... :giggle:

Amazon's "inventory" level is no doubt decreasing here... get one while you can, boys and girls...!!! (y)

Reactions: Hoot G and maxhush

·
Registered
11,370 Posts

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
22,779 Posts
M'kay, now PSA has added free shipping (for now) to those (all) lower receivers, including the blems:

Only saw FDE on the $119.99 one (but I could live with FDE for $119 per complete lower with free shipping, I think, if I needed one).
If you decided you need one of the FDE I have a black stock and grip you can have so you don't have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Has anyone used this outfit before? They have .223 ammo @ 32.5¢ a round. Looking for feedback as I have never ordered from them so I can't say if they are legit.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Has anyone used this outfit before? They have .223 ammo @ 32.5¢ a round. Looking for feedback as I have never ordered from them so I can't say if they are legit.

I have never seen that site that I can recall, but the site does look legit, and they do have a phone number. Looks like free shipping but they charge sales tax.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,511 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
never heard of them nor the ammo brand
I've shot the Maxxtech 9mm brass FMJ, it was low tier range ammo, but I didn't have any issues. I have been seeing this brand in 7.62x39 around, but never personally shot any. If I was gonna buy a case right now I would call and speak with them, and use a credit card so you can chargeback if its a scam. The pricing is right though, they had 7.62x39 for like $270 a case.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
From that web page:

This Ammunition was made in the Vympel Factory

So, it's Russian production steel cased ammo. Apparently, Vympel also makes/made current "Golden Tiger" ammo (which if you're into AKs you probably are familiar with). On another (Lucky Gunner) web page, here's some details about Vympel:

As for the "Ammoboard" online seller, about them I have no clue (they do not appear in "resellerratings.com", but that could be due to a PC thing). .Were I buying any, I would be verifying it has non-corrosive primers. I ran across mention somewhere that Vympel was having trouble sourcing primers and was actually (somehow) getting them from other ammo (I'd want to make sure they weren't reusing Soviet/Russian military production corrosive primers). Russian ammo production has been a bit dodgy at times in the past with using corrosive primers (sometimes even claiming non-corrosive on the box).

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
22,779 Posts

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
If you're into turret presses, this looks to be a very good deal (15 left, er, well 14 now, supposedly, in stock as of this posting at the current, subject to change, $165.11 price) for a Lyman 8 station:

The last deal I posted on this was something like $217 for what I believe to be the same press.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,499 Posts
I have been seriously thinking of selling my Lee's and getting one of these.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
If you're into turret presses, this looks to be a very good deal (15 left, er, well 14 now, supposedly, in stock as of this posting at the current, subject to change, $165.11 price) for a Lyman 8 station:

The last deal I posted on this was something like $217 for what I believe to be the same press.
OOS now, listed as "in stock soon", but still orderable for this price, for now...

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Shiloh Sharps 45-70. Bass Pro in Pearl purchased two Shiloh Sharps rifles from a lady after her husband passed. They both look new. One appears to be unfired and one only a few rounds. These are beautiful and look new. These are not out as they are afraid they will damage them putting them out and putting them away each night. You have to ask to see them. I think they said $3,000 each.

I looked and just drooled on them. BP called Shiloh Sharps and I think they said the pair was purchased in the 80's for $4,000 for the pair. Shiloh has all the records on them.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts

Reactions: 2A_1791
5461 - 5480 of 5507 Posts