·
Registered
760 Posts
Federal 22 mag on sale

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Federal 22 mag on sale
Really good price for these times. Anyone here have experience ordering from them? If so, how was it?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,043 Posts

$899.99, plus tax.
That one you got?

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
.MODS: Delete please. Duplicate post.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,043 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Cool! I do wish manufacturers would get away from hinging those bulky collapsible stock designs as folding stocks in favor of something that was actually primarily designed as a folding stock though.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,043 Posts
Cool! I do wish manufacturers would get away from hinging those bulky collapsible stock designs as folding stocks in favor of something that was actually primarily designed as a folding stock though.
Appears that any AR stock can be used. What gets me is they put the stock on a folding instead of fixed adapter but don’t make it a barrel take down like the PC carbine/charger.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Appears that any AR stock can be used. What gets me is they put the stock on a folding instead of fixed adapter but don’t make it a barrel take down like the PC carbine/charger.
That's a point too (didn't know the barrel wasn't take down), but the AR stocks that I have seen, IMO, also make the carbine/rifle too fat when folded. Something like the original Galil stock or the FNC stock would be better IMO as they make for a thinner package when folded. Yes, you can probably replace the stock, but it can be costly after the cost of the stock and possibly the cost of a different folding adapter block (if they exist for that carbine yet). I'd much prefer something along these lines:

Something like the original Beryl folding stocks or even Polish Tantal or Romanian AK74 folding stocks would be an improvement over the typical fat collapsible AR stocks, IMO. As near as I can tell, they started using the collapsible (fat, IMO) AR design stocks (which was never originally designed as a folding stock, they just did the lazy thing and added a hinge to the existing collapsible stock, as far as I can tell) due to the cost savings due to the volume produced for ARs. Meh to that I say! Meh! (In some cases, like the Galil Ace and the Polish Archer, they changed from a much cooler and more compact stock design to apparently save a few dollars on productions costs -- but when you're already spending $1500 to $2K for the rifle I think they should at least offer the original design as an option over the rotund stock). It's a sad thing to spend that much money to own a Gen2 Ace or an Archer (up to Gen4 now I think) and get the fat boy kludge of a folding stock. Something like the HK collapsible stock would also be a nifty option as an alternative to a traditional hinged folding stock if something is being designed from scratch. Surprised no one has gone that route, unless HK has a long running patent on it or it's too hard to adapt to non-HK designs.

5981 - 6000 of 6042 Posts