Mississippi Gun Owners banner
6061 - 6080 of 6238 Posts

· Registered
12,872 Posts

· Premium Member
11,229 Posts

· Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,710 Posts
i have mine aged 14 days, but anything from 10 days to a few weeks helps with taste and tenderness.

And yes, the slaughter houses are USDA approved, if that’s what you are asking.
Yeah more along lines of if was choice or prime. MB isn’t technically labeled as such as the butcher is not officially/legally able to, but has been said that their beef is prime. But I guess since it doesn’t have the nice stamp on it it doesn’t count lol. And they age theirs for 20 days. I have no experience with any other suppliers but I’m perfectly good with the cost for the quality I get. Especially the ground beef, over the crap Walmart/grocery depot sells. As I eat some left over steak Alfredo ha

· Morte
4,850 Posts
Prime has more marbling (fat) than choice. Straight grass fed beef is hard to get marbling without any grain. Choice works better on a grill or such.

Most people confuse adding some grain to the diet with grain fed beef. Grain fed is usually from a feed lot (but not always) where there is no grass for them to graze, and get fed grain.

It takes a cows 4 stomachs up to 60 days to turn from one to the other (grass to grain or vice versa), and they usually lose weight during the turn.

I do agree that anything from the smaller suppliers does have a better taste. Only issue is, with ground beef, unless you add fat, the burgers are usually dry.

we are setting up to start our own processing. I have access to a large walk in cooler to age, but do know people who have aged in their own freezers. I figure if I mess up on a cut, I can just turn it into ground beef.

· Premium Member
11,229 Posts
Reactions: Blondie70

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,362 Posts

· Registered
1,476 Posts

· Registered
1,476 Posts

· Premium Member
11,229 Posts

$417.77 . Free shipping.

· Premium Member
11,229 Posts

$369.99 ($269.99 after rebate*).

*APX A1 Carry Rebate

· Registered
12,388 Posts
As I anticipated might happen Northern Tools has apparently shut this deal down now.
(I got the confirmation notice on my order last night)

I have one of these Milwaukee M12 tire inflators and I get a lot of use out of it (to the point where I've ordered another on this deal to keep in my SUV). Right now Northern tool has a deal where if you buy two 3AH M12 batteries for $79, you get the inflator for free (finding an M12 charger, if you don't have one already, would be up to you). The best deal I can recall seeing on the inflators before was around $99 for just the bare tool inflator.

The inflator is on backorder, so it may take a bit for that to arrive, so you'd need to be patient, but I've had 100% success on Northern Tool delivering on this sort of thing backordered thus far in my dealings with them. Shipping on this is also free. Price with tax was just under $85. It says offer expires 10/25/22, so you'd can't dawdle if you want one (and they may shut it down, right now it just flipped to their #1 seller in the past few minutes).

6061 - 6080 of 6238 Posts