Mississippi Gun Owners banner
6161 - 6180 of 6238 Posts

· Registered
9,738 Posts
They charged me $22 to ship. I’d pay tax at Academy or Bass Pro too, and I know Bass Pro don’t have any ammo that cheap even figuring in the shipping. Although it’s bulk target ammo, I figured based off 50 rd boxes, so 10 boxes and 10 of the Sierra, so a little more than $1 “per box” shipping. I can live with that. And with defensive ammo being $1+ per round most places, I ain’t too mad at it. That’s about what it would cost per round to load this ammo at today’s prices, and you don’t have to take the time to load it. For someone loading on a slow D550, that counts for a lot.

· Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,710 Posts
They charged me $22 to ship. I’d pay tax at Academy or Bass Pro too, and I know Bass Pro don’t have any ammo that cheap even figuring in the shipping. Although it’s bulk target ammo, I figured based off 50 rd boxes, so 10 boxes and 10 of the Sierra, so a little more than $1 “per box” shipping. I can live with that. And with defensive ammo being $1+ per round most places, I ain’t too mad at it. That’s about what it would cost per round to load this ammo at today’s prices, and you don’t have to take the time to load it. For someone loading on a slow D550, that counts for a lot.
My only reservation is I hope that is the second gen Sierra ammo. The first gen stuff didn’t expand at all and might as well been FMJ. But even at that price it’s cheaper than some plinking FMJ ha.

· Registered
9,738 Posts
Yea when I posted that, I misread. I thought this was their Outdoor Master ammo, which is supposed to perform like a hollow point and is their “defensive ammo”. This is their Sports Master which they expands about like a soft point. I figure it is like the Precision Delta 124 gr HPs. But hey, $235/700 rds shipped ain’t too bad.

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,362 Posts
|

· Premium Member
11,229 Posts

$18.00

• Buy 4 - 9 and get 5% off
  • Buy 10 or above and get 10% off

Reactions: Blondie70

· Registered
12,872 Posts

· Registered
12,388 Posts
Now for a penny shy of $800, who wouldn't be tempted? I mean it's no hunnert dollah print finish Hi Point, but what else is?

(The scary part is there are "only 5 left" at Classic; I just hope it doesn't occur to them to call it the "DeSantis Edition". Why am not surprised to see "brought to you by Century Arms" in the description...)

· Registered
12,388 Posts
What they didn't say is that they only made 6 of them.
Better act fast! There's at least one still in stock today (Friday 12/9). Not seeing the stock count now though (not seeing the "only 5 still in stock" notification that I saw on the first day this glorious Century inspired Caribbean peacock pistol fluttered down from the heavens to grace our grimy planet, but take heart, I was still able to put 5 in the cart! Something tells me I may know what the "prize" may be for the next five or so Classic contest events...).

· Registered
12,872 Posts
Better act fast! There's at least one still in stock today (Friday 12/9). Not seeing the stock count now though (not seeing the "only 5 still in stock" notification that I saw on the first day this glorious Century inspired Caribbean peacock pistol fluttered down from the heavens to grace our grimy planet, but take heart, I was still able to put 5 in the cart! Something tells me I may know what the "prize" may be for the next five or so Classic contest events...).
@rigrat could Krylon that thing up for ya real good.

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,362 Posts

· Registered
13,656 Posts
Henry 22mag $473

Sportsman Warehouse has the 22lr for $319. They also have Ruger Wranglers for $89. Walmart had a Sports South edition 22lr Golden Boy for (I think) $420-$430.

Product Font Poster Art Advertising

· Registered
13,656 Posts
Sportsman Warehouse has the 22lr for $319. They also have Ruger Wranglers for $89. Walmart had a Sports South edition 22lr Golden Boy for (I think) $420-$430.

View attachment 323393
Just looked at the Gulfport Walmart. The Henry 22lr there is $316. Sure is tempting….

6161 - 6180 of 6238 Posts