Mississippi Gun Owners banner
6181 - 6200 of 6239 Posts

· Registered
13,660 Posts
I'd be tempted on the Henry...just 'cause Henry and I don't have one yet... (but there may be subtle advantages to ordering the one online from Kygunco for something like $335 with free shipping).
Could care less that its a Henry. Much like several other brands, you’re over paying just for the name. But who doesn’t need a lever action 22?

· Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
27,204 Posts
Indeed. Essentially almost double the price of the Henrys on sale right now.
Yes but saying Browning of yore sounds like they don't make them anymore.

· Premium Member
11,261 Posts

$599.99

· Registered
12,390 Posts
I thought this new Charter Arms Bulldog On Duty .44 Special model was interesting (I first saw it mentioned in a Classic Arms email ad today, but I did some digging and found a better deal on it from Dalongehela Armory, for $331.70. I have had no prior experience ordering from them):

They charge ~$30 for shipping, but the price still worked out cheaper than anyone else I found. I do like that shrouded hammer (still accessible to cock for single action, but unobtrusive).

· Premium Member
11,261 Posts
I'd be tempted on the Henry...just 'cause Henry and I don't have one yet... (but there may be subtle advantages to ordering the one online from Kygunco for something like $335 with free shipping).
I checked out the Henry at Sportsman's Warehouse, Southaven.

Almost bought it too. Almost.

My Ruger 10/22 will have to suffice for now.

Reactions: maxhush

· Premium Member
11,261 Posts
What dissuaded you? Spending the money? SW Christmas sales elves? Or did something about the firearm itself not jibe with your expectations? Asking for a friend... ;)
Just purchased a purebred puppy from a breeder in another state. The pet transport company delivered her to us last Friday.

WAY more than I wanted to pay for her. The sales tax alone on her was more than the Henry .22LR!

No guns ... for a little while. 😉

Happy wife though. 😐😰

P S. I had a Henry lever .22LR before. Very fun to shoot!

Reactions: Blondie70

· Registered
12,390 Posts
Just purchased a purebred puppy from a breeder in another state. The pet transport company delivered her to us last Friday.

WAY more than I wanted to pay for her. The sales tax alone on her was more than the Henry .22LR!

No guns ... for a little while. 😉

Happy wife though. 😐😰

P S. I had a Henry lever .22LR before. Very fun to shoot!
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, puppies and pets take priority sometimes. I just spent $1K on a vet bill myself last month for involved surgery on Dave, so I feel your searing wallet pain. Good to know that the rifle itself was not the determining factor in the decision.

· Premium Member
11,261 Posts

$279.81 .

· Registered
5,882 Posts

· Registered
12,390 Posts
Dunno how good these are (Youtube review I watched seemed favorable). Anyhoo, "Emperor" Turkish 12 gauge pump shotguns, 4+1, 3" chamber, chrome lined18.5" bbl (blem - blemished) for $99 with free shipping from Kygunco. I suspect these will be gone real soonish:

Perhaps a hard to beat price for a beater shotgun.

(Always worth stalking the niftier online gun sellers late at night the week or two before and after Christmas, interesting stuff, in very limited supply, and low prices seem to tend to crop up from time to time, IME). IMO Kygunco has been the best of the online sellers this year with their "days of Christmas" and pop up deals.

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,376 Posts
I don't know but for that price would definitely try it.

Reactions: 2A_1791 and maxhush
6181 - 6200 of 6239 Posts