Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Good Gun Safe??

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  USAFVet 
G
#1 ·
I'm trying to find a good gun safe (24 to 36 long gun capacity) with storage room for my guns and other stuff. I need to buy one that will be delivered and I don't want to pay freight charges from Istanbul to Amory, if you know what I mean. I've been looking at Browning, Redhead, Sentry, and Steelwater safes with minimum width of 36" and electronic lock. Are there any places in MS that sells and delivers safes at a reasonable price? I need some Advice????

#2 ·
I have a BIG Liberty and like it a lot...Took 4 big fellas to move it in place and bolt it to the floor.

I bought it locally...in Jxn many moons ago...I'd hate to have to pay shipping on one

Mine has the old tumbler spin dial...I like it...also has a key so you can lock the dial down...Amory is near between West Point and Tupelo...

I'd bet the Mossy Oak Outlet in West Point has something...I'd start there and then look around in Tupelo...many times they are available at Gun Shows.

Get a safe with a good liner...makes it heavy but provides some level of heat protection...

I have papers stored in a firesafe that's inside my gun safe

#4 ·
encoreman is correct I am usually down south every month visiting the inlaws and would be happy to bring it to you if I can get something you want...If you are like me and want the most bang for your buck I always tell folks to check out the Browning Marshall which is part of the theftguard series, and will run you less than 1k depending on what options you want.

G
#6 ·
I will get online now and look at the Browning Marshal. I will probably look around on Monday to see if there is anything around here locally. Thanks Beladran for the offer and I'll let you know something next week.

#7 ·
I bought my Liberty from Discount Gun Safes in Pearl. Got a great deal on it, dealer cost was $1299, MSRP was $1499 and I got it for $999 and they delivered it to McComb, moved it where I wanted it and completed the setup for $150. Be sure whatever you buy has a good fire rating based on how far you are from the nearest fire department.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.