Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,445 Posts
Just saw this a few minutes ago. I've been busy upstairs loading some blackpowder .50-70 ammo for the milsurp shoot tomorrow. As far as safe I don't have an issue going to any of the pawn shops in the metro area. Some are not in the nicest areas but I've never felt unsafe in any of them.

In Jackson I go to Top Dollar Pawn on N. West St. and Momentum Pawn on N. State St. at least once a week. They tend to have the best prices in Jackson. I rarely go to the Momentum Pawn on Terry Rd. I haven't found anything there in years. I go by DJ's Silver Mine off Northside Dr. about once a month. They tend to be high and non-negotiable but I did get a good deal on that S&W First Model .44 DA there a couple weeks ago. They didn't know exactly what it was.

In Pearl I go by USA Pawn and Capital Pawn at least once a week. USA tends to be high but will get something interesting every once in a while. I usually stop there just because it's on the way to Capital. Capital got a new manager last year and they've dropped their prices. I've picked up several there in the last few months. The problem with both of these is they will not negotiate on prices till a gun has been out for at least 30 days. Slay's Pawn has a small selection but doesn't get much in that I'm interested in. I just go by to visit with Danny. He's a nice guy. I quit going to Great Southern a year ago. The guy that runs it is a jerk and their prices are high.

There's not any pawn shops in Brandon but I do go by Brandon Sporting Arms to see David regularly. I also stop at Van's any time I'm in the area. Every once in a while I'll find a gem hiding in the used gun rack but they tend to be high.

Not sure what your interest in but I'm usually only looking for old or milsurp guns. I rarely look at the newer stuff so I don't know what these have in that area.

·
Premium Member
13,445 Posts
I'm headed to Cowarts to pick up some .22 so I'll drop by Capital... THANKS !
Capital is on Hwy 80 about a half mile east of Cowarts. Next door to Roses.

Reactions: LearCo

·
Old
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't find anything that made my eye twitch but Cowarts has some nice stuff and good prices on .22 ammo. They have a ton of CCI Mini-Mag and HAD some CCI .22 WMR. I bought all they had for my brother. Good folks at Cowarts.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Didn't find anything that made my eye twitch but Cowarts has some nice stuff and good prices on .22 ammo. They have a ton of CCI Mini-Mag and HAD some CCI .22 WMR. I bought all they had for my brother. Good folks at Cowarts.
If you need a FFL for a transfer he's a good guy for it & the cheapest I've found in the Metro area.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wasn't there a decent pawn shop on or near Ellis? I was down there a few years ago and I stopped in one. I was surprised at their selection. I bought a commercial Russian mak for 150.00 otd.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Rough part of town, but it is safe. Charlies Pawn Shop on Clinton blvd. in Jackson. Charlie and both of the girls that work for him are ALWAYS packing. Good people, but I don't know how prices compare to other shops. Tell them Bruce recommended you. Probably won't get a discount but you might.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts