Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A “NEW” REMINGTON MODEL 1911 SHOTGUN

One of the members of our church gave me this gun last week. It is a Remington Model 11 12 ga with solid rib modified barrel. The stock was broken in half and I had to replace the mainspring screw, action spring tube, action spring plug and the front bead. I glued the stock and replaced the parts. Numerich had all the parts I needed. They cost a total of $43.00 including shipping. It is interesting that the buttstock is from a Browning A-5. It still has the Browning butt plate. The bluing on the barrel is 85% but the receiver has turned to a Silver color.

As far as I can tell, the gun is functional. It was made in 1913. I was given another Model 11 in February. It is plain barreled and Full choke. It was made in 1918. The 1918 version functions well and I have broken 24/25 with it on a regulation trap range. I hope to take the “new” gun to the range this weekend.

I enjoy restoring these old shotguns. I have also restored a Savage Model 755A 12 ga and a Savage Model 775A 12 ga. All 4 guns were a gift and none of them were functioning when I got them. They are all functional now.

Doug

Rem1911-13.JPG

Rem 1911-13.JPG

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
Congrats Doug on keeping those old ones shooting and getting them back in the game. :101010:

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
When I was 18 I acquired a Remington model 11 in very good condition from a friend for the measly price of 1, xbox360.

Like a fool I parted with it

·
Registered
9,625 Posts
Both the Brownings and the Remingtons are well made and well designed shotguns that have a good habit of going "BANG" every time you pull the trigger. Its a darned shame I could never hit the broad side of a barn with them...something about that square-backed receiver throws me off.

·
Super Moderator
13,395 Posts
Nice job Mr. Doug. I need to get up with you for some advice/help on an unfired CMP Garand in .308 when we both have the time and if you're willing

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Both the Brownings and the Remingtons are well made and well designed shotguns that have a good habit of going "BANG" every time you pull the trigger. Its a darned shame I could never hit the broad side of a barn with them...something about that square-backed receiver throws me off.
Me too Vick although with my oddball eyesight that square
back receiver always tossed my head for a loop every time
I shouldered it and I sure can't keep it shouldered all the
time.:lol4:

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Premium Member
6,229 Posts
Nice guns. I have a 20 gauge that looks just like a Browning, if you are not looking for the magazine cut-off switch/lever. I like the Model 11s and 11/48s. Have fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts