Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from KRounds today. Fits the gun perfectly, retention is great. I was still dressed from work, jeans and my new Kore gun belt I’ve been wearing everyday since I got it a month or so ago.

The holster comes in 1.5” and 1.75” belt width options. I got the 1.5” for my Kore and it slides right in, and fits perfectly in the mounts, no wiggle at all. Slid it around to about the 3:30 - 4:00 position and with the 15deg “FBI” cant, the butt of the gun presents itself just right for draw. It’s sits snug against my body with the butt pressed against my side but not uncomfortably or intrusive.

Here’s my problem. The belt loops on my jeans I had on are apparently in the wrong places. When it was in the right spot, the holster completely covers a loop and I have to skip it, giving up movement in the belt when I draw since the belt is not secured in all the loops. Does anyone else have this issue with OWB or is it just those jeans? I will try it on a different pair of pants tomorrow, my Dickies carpenter jeans, and see what happens.

Did you have to find “tactical” pants for the loops to be where one wasn’t covered and useless?

Will provide some pics later, just too damn tired and my brain is worn out from this week.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,375 Posts
Never really have had a problem don't guess. 5.11s have a bunch of loops but has always worked out and no need to skip one. Some holsters I use are paddle so don't guess I notice it too much.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Yea some of my jeans have the loops in different places. Depending on which holster I’m using I might put the belt through the holster, then through the loop under the holster, then back through the holster. It’s a pain. That’s why my favorite holster has a single large clip instead of belt loops.

·
Account no longer active.
833 Posts
I prefer my holster over a loop. I do like Chicknman says by threading the holster loop, belt loop, holster. It provides a very secure fit and keeps your pants riding up and your rig from drooping down. I wear my electrician's tool pouch at work the same way 5-6 days a week and it just works.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
My 2 DeSantis (one tan, one black. Can't commit a fashion faux pas) mini scabbard fits my VertX pants, my daily wear for w*rk or casual. Fits perfectly between these loops around 3:30-4:00 as mentioned earlier. This one model fits all of our SIG P2xx series. I have a Big Rob paddle type for our 1911 models, but really only carry the 1911 while out hiking / hunting / working on the farm, and for convenience a chest "tanker" style keeps the 1911 out of the way yet still very accessible while doing physical labor. The "tanker" is also good for carry when I carry the M4gery in a combat sling on my right side. That way the carbine doesn't bump into whatever pistol I am carrying.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Well, I hope you get it sorted out and it works for you.

I took a look at the Kround design on their website, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it for several reasons. Closed toe (collects stuff), loops bolted on instead of cut in (watch out for the screws loosening and backing out), rigid kydex sweat guard would be wearing holes in me and my clothing, etc.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I hope you get it sorted out and it works for you.

I took a look at the Kround design on their website, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it for several reasons. Closed toe (collects stuff), loops bolted on instead of cut in (watch out for the screws loosening and backing out), rigid kydex sweat guard would be wearing holes in me and my clothing, etc.
Well it does seem to sit well and doesn’t appear that it will run, but I haven’t worn it around yet for any length of time. Got it on sale for $40 for Christmas deals on their site.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw a new one coming out from vertex I think that is lyres wrapped in leather. Looks good actually.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
48B4CD14-8153-4C0D-92DE-66961D84A8AA.jpeg
B87AFC57-79EB-4E42-BBFB-39CE9BC2224E.jpeg

It actually rides very well. My wife even commented that it looked better than what I was using and that the butt didn’t protrude as much as my other holsters. She may even be considering one for her Bodyguard.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
My experience with synthetic holsters has been lots of finish wear. I'm sticking with leather, just my preference.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
My experience with synthetic holsters has been lots of finish wear. I'm sticking with leather, just my preference.
I have both. Leather won’t hold up as long as synthetic for my edc and my old Glock gets a new paint job every spring whether it needs it or not.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s a carry gun, I don’t care what the finish does. It can be cerakoted. Lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts