close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griffin optimus

Discussion in 'AR's, AK's, Silencers /Class III' started by 95 taco, May 3, 2016.

1. 95 taco

95 taco Blessed are the peacemakers

Looking at possibly getting a optimus submitted before the new rules go in effect but I have a few questions.
    I have heard good things, but has anyone on here gotten one or heard one?
    Are there any class 3 dealers that will do layaway?
    If you have experience with it shooting 22 LR through it, how easy is it to clean?

And lastly, I know this one sounds kinda odd because it would seem common sense the way it's rated but 17 HMR is good to go through the can right?

2. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    My son and I shot a dozen .22 cans at Smith's Speed Shop. Our 2 favorites and the 2 quietest were also 2 of the cheapest. Made by Coastal. The .22 Hornet is rated for all rimfires, full auto, and .22 Hornet. I can't remember if we shot a Griffin or not.

3. chris_k

chris_k Distinguished Poster

I have an Optimus in ATF jail. Hopefully I'll find out soon!

4. Moderd Outfitters

Moderd Outfitters Full Poster

The Optimus is a good jack of all trades master of none suppressor. It will handle everything from .30 down including .17. Its modular and easy to clean if you run it on a .22. Most folks buying them from us are just using them as .30 cans. Of all the cans GA makes the Optimus has the most add on accessories for increased flexibility. It doesn't rate top of the class (db reduction) in any category, but it performs well across all caliber ranges.

5. chris_k

chris_k Distinguished Poster

A2 blast shield / Optimus A2 mount

This is also a nice add-on. I ordered one with my optimus. It allows you to mount to any A2 style flash hider.

It's not cheap though.

6. 9d up

9d up Clayton Welch

Madison
    The one time I went to TGC outdoors he told me he did. That may have been a deal he was offering back then - it was a few years ago. He is on here, you should ask him.

I'm sure there are plenty that do though.

7. 95 taco

I have done very little research on it so thank you for the info.
    This will be my first can and I've decided on the Optimus because it is so versatile.
    I assumed that since it was so versatile it wouldn't be top of the line suppression for every use but from what I have read and heard (I watched the video that Dustin Ellerman posted about it) it will work perfectly for me.

8. 95 taco

Awesome, thank you for the info.