681 - 700 of 712 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
Nice! You don't remember the price on that 1911 do you and what caliber it was?
.45 ACP and $379. And it's gone now.

When I first saw it on the table, I hoped it was .38 Super, but it wasn't
They had Tisas 1911s in stock in both 9mm and .40 S&W, but they were new, and I didn't get the prices.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For those of you looking for ammo. I know High Caliber has a decent supply of hunting ammo. If you are traveling mabey call before you head down there.

I just got some 6.5 CRDM FMJBT at ABC Pawn for 21.50, Not to bad for sighting in and framiliarization for my 10YO

Reactions: Blondie70

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,890 Posts
.45 ACP and $379. And it's gone now.

When I first saw it on the table, I hoped it was .38 Super, but it wasn't
They had Tisas 1911s in stock in both 9mm and .40 S&W, but they were new, and I didn't get the prices.
TISAS makes a 40 s&w?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I just went to the link you had posted for High Caliber, they have a lot of good stuff, so much so, I may need to plan a trip down there. But the other part of me is scared that if I do, I’d go broke in the process.
I've bought waaaay to many things from him!

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Anybody ever heard of these?

I was looking at these a while ago. I couldn't find much info, and they were out of stock everywhere, so I waited until I could find what I really wanted, a Remington Tac 13. Downside, the Tac 13 was almost three times the price. :mad: Upside, I really really like my Tac 13. Much easier to shoot that the Mossy Shockwave.

Here's the only real evaluation on the Garaysar 118 I could find in a quick search;

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Please elaborate. How so? I have the Mossy, and really like it . . . I've never held or shot the Remi.
Being a gas operated semi-automatic, the TAC-13 has much less felt recoil. I like my Shockwave, but I wouldn't want to shoot it much one handed. The TAC-13 wouldn't be a problem. I can't say it feels like a 20 gage in comparison (I've never shot a 20), but other folks have said that.

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #700 ·
Being a gas operated semi-automatic, the TAC-13 has much less felt recoil. I like my Shockwave, but I wouldn't want to shoot it much one handed. The TAC-13 wouldn't be a problem. I can't say it feels like a 20 gage in comparison (I've never shot a 20), but other folks have said that.
Ok. I gotcha. I was under the impression the Remington was a pump, like the Mossy.

681 - 700 of 712 Posts