Mississippi Gun Owners banner
821 - 840 of 841 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,412 Posts
Do any of you ever see older Smith and Wesson revolvers, not necessarily collectable, in the coast pawn shops that could be considered a deal and are in working condition? I would like a 3 inch revolver similar to a Taurus 856 Defender but S&W.
Good luck on a 3" version while the other bbl lengths show up from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Do any of you ever see older Smith and Wesson revolvers, not necessarily collectable, in the coast pawn shops that could be considered a deal and are in working condition? I would like a 3 inch revolver similar to a Taurus 856 Defender but S&W.
Pretty much any S&W with a 3 inch barrel is collectable. Unless it's in really rough shape, it's going to bring a premium. Not to mention, prices on S&W revolvers, especially older ones, have skyrocketed in the past few years. Good luck!

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
If that’s 3” it’s not a bad price.
The -1 is the designator that it is a 3" barrel. There are others, but a 36-1 is 3" (with the permanent caveat that never say never when it comes to S&W). It's not pinned so it's made after 1982, but if it doesn't have the lock, and if it's clean under the grips, it's a good price. Not a steal, but less than I would expect.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,412 Posts
smack the pump is nice . Actually looks almost just like the one I have.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,412 Posts
Would love to have that 1911.

Reactions: onlymaroonmatters
821 - 840 of 841 Posts