Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a bit restless this morning, so I decided to clean a few guns. I got out my 1903A3, M1 Carbine, and Mrs. Hammers Rem 1100. The '03A3 and carbine were not that bad, but the 1100 was terrible. I used my Gunzilla on all of them, and it worked great. It ate up the powder residue and carbon deposits. The Copperzilla made the rifle bores shine.
I got to do my 308, and Marlin 22.

What cleaning tools do yall use? What kind of cleaning kits, what brands?

·
Super Moderator
9,486 Posts
I dont really stick to just one brand. I have my bronze brushes and patch holders. I have a couple bore snakes. As far as cleaning chemicals I use gunzilla copperzilla hopes #9 copper out by Klenz and some foaming bore scruber by birchwood casey. I fallow it all up with either hopes benchrest or Remoil

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Hoppes 9 solvent and Rem Oil. Hmmm, I wasn't aware of Rem Oil having a teflon additive and that it could affect the bore.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
I was using remoil after Hoppe's #9 on the bore and after cleaning that out, I'd run a light patch of remoil down it. What should I do? Used to do the 3M oil a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I use a whole array of stuff and have been picking up cleaning stuff for years. I like bronze brushes mostly, but have some nylon (i think) that do good as well. Boresnakes work for quick cleaning.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey guys I just know what happened to me. My Rem 700 '06 started grouping like a shotgun, literally all over the target. I almost got rid of this gun, then my sporting goods store guy asked me how I cleaned it and when I mentioned using a wet patch of Remoil down the bore, he cringed. Told me to get the Hoppes 9 and clean it real good, dry patch it, shoot 10-15 rounds and then shoot for a group, it was amazing. Since I have cleaned with sweet 7.62 once or twice to get the copper out, gun shoots better than ever, still not a tack driver, but the deer can't really tell the difference.

·
Registered
712 Posts
msredneck said:
Kroil is a good "after cleaning" product...Think the benchrest shooters actually clean their guns with it....No problems for me...

Gotta get some of this Gunzilla stuff
just don't get it on your finish.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Non chlorinated brake cleaner for cleaning and SumGy magic for lube (used to be BreakFree but switched when something better came along)

·
Super Moderator
8,057 Posts
Hoppe's #9 in the bore.

Formerly used 3-N-1 machine oil on all moving parts, and a light coating of 3-N-1 on the exterior when finished.

Now it's Sum Gy Lube on all moving parts, and a final exterior wipe down with a silicone-impregnated cloth.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Shooter's Choice for bore cleaning, if I'm low on that
Hoppe's #9 still does a good job and its not pricey.
Sweet's for copper fouling removal or Hoppe's Copper
Solvent if I'm out of Sweet's or my nose just can't take
another sniff of Sweets.:lol5:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts