Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any gun insurance companies that you guys recommend? I talked to my home insurance company yesterday, and they require pictures, make, model, and serial numbers for everything. I'd rather get insurance that doesn't require that level of detail. Fire and theft are the main concerns. I'm not a member of the NRA, but that is an option. Just wondering if there is anything else worth considering.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
NRA required none of that in the past; haven't updated in a while, though. When I had a theft a good many years ago, they paid promptly and with little hassle. I should probably check on upgrading my coverage, now that I think about it.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
all "traditional homeowners" insurance that I have checked on, requires detailed photos and ser# of every firearm Insured. Only one that hasn't required that as far as I've checked has been the NRA.
And keep in mind, traditional means they would heavily discount value to depreciation, rather than market value. And no telling whom they'd make copies of their registered Insured gun lists too.
And most "traditional homeowners ins" will not cover firearms, fire or theft, unless you have the additional rider added.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
The NRA coverage is crap, as I found out the hard way when my stuff got stolen. You can only file a claim with them after you have settled with your primary insurance company. Also, you only have 90 days to do it, so you better hope your insurance company settles up quickly.

My brother uses Historic Firearms Insurance by a company called Eastern Insurance. They didn't require serial numbers or any of that, and they cover accessories like mags, suppressors, etc, which the NRA insurance doesn't cover. I've been intended to setup my policy since the break-in, but I just haven't done it yet.

Historic Firearms Insurance | Eastern Insurance Group LLC

·
Premium Member
10,467 Posts
NRA required none of that in the past; haven't updated in a while, though. When I had a theft a good many years ago, they paid promptly and with little hassle. I should probably check on upgrading my coverage, now that I think about it.
Me too

·
Premium Member
10,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Humm, probably ought check out, did you know anyone that's actually filed a claim with them?
No, which is part of why I haven't gotten a policy with them yet. They seem to be OK, though. My brother forwarded me an email chain he had with them, and they seemed honest and up front, and answered all of his questions quickly.

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
Shoot 'em if they try to steal 'em!

Reactions: Blondie70
1 - 13 of 13 Posts