Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a small case for all the cutters and pilots for my Lyman case trimmer so started scanning eBay. I didn't want yet another plastic case in my reloading room and decided that I wanted a wooden one. I discovered that there are a ton of wood Chinese "jewelry" cases that fit the bill perfectly. I ordered a small, unadorned one for - including shipping - $2.48. It took about three weeks to arrive and fit my needs perfectly. It is well made.

There are a lot of different sizes of these types of cases ranging from plain, unadorned ones to intricately carved and lined types and they come in a wide range of sizes. The common thread amongst them is that they are incredibly cheap. I couldn't believe that any country could make something that well made and ship it halfway around the world for less than two-two-a-half bucks!

Like I said, there are a wide variety of sizes and I think I'll order a few more for other gun-related applications.
I'm not that keen on dealing with Red China but, hey, the President just touted his "great" multi-$billion trade deal with them. So, as long as our fiat currency still buys something - and as long as they are still wiling to take it - I figure we're getting the better end of the deal. I couldn't find US-made wooden cases - what few there were to be found - for anything near that price point.

Best
Doc

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
676 Posts
I dont know what size box you bought, but I bought the one below on ebay for <$7 shipped. The trick on Ebay is to look in the left pain window and choose to search US only, its a little higher but the product typically arrives much quicker. *granted their are some dishonest sellers that list the product as being in US when it is not, but for the most part this is not the case.

upload_2020-1-17_13-33-8.png

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doc, I use ordinary pill bottles for my various small parts. Easy to label with just a marker. I started doing this when I learned how hard it is to tell a 6.5mm jag from a 7mm jag.
I tried that and found myself - three times a day - eating a front sight, a firing pin spring and a receiver pin! To the good, my doctor said my blood iron count was great! (Just joking).

Best
Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts