Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun show buys.

Anything interesting at the show? I might get to go tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Re: Gun show buys.

Saw some decent prices, lots of ammo... most ammo was over priced though. Didnt seem to be much buying going on. Lots of people were interested in what i took to sell, but nobody had the funds. May go back tomorrow and try again.

·
Registered
9,213 Posts

Oh yea and me, dad and the kids got there at 430. Paid $18 for me and the kids to get in for 20 minutes to buy said ammo and stop by the msgo/ knife booth briefly. :bull:

Dad waited outside

·
Registered
300 Posts

Slngblde said:
Saw some decent prices, lots of ammo... most ammo was over priced though. Didnt seem to be much buying going on. Lots of people were interested in what i took to sell, but nobody had the funds. May go back tomorrow and try again.
What are you selling :D

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,861 Posts

I went. I saw lots of ammo and lots of handguns. Not many folks buying. Only a couple of gang bangers admiring a handgun only they could love.

QUESTION: They ask at the door, "Any guns or ammo?"

Why would anybody take ammo into a gun show without a gun?

·
Registered
15,550 Posts

Joe S...let me get this straight...U paid $18....so u could go in and buy ammo..... :thinking:

Least I bought a gun this weekend....best way FTF....forget the Jxn gun shows...rip-off city generally speaking

Alabama Ammo, Inc.

Loaded Ammo and Components

Alabama Ammo, Inc.
19505 Alabama Highway 24
Moulton, AL 35650-7364
Voice (205) 974-3504, Fax (205) 974-3506

The line of rifle and handgun ammo in hardcast lead, plated and jacketed bullets is extensive.

They have a full line of copper plated bullets at near the cost of lead, but without the lead vapor problem of plain lead. Rainier supplies much of his plated bullet inventory. If a dealer, ask for their wholesale, quantity pricing. As an individual, you can still order directly from them, but you should order in good size quantities to be price effective.

·
Registered
9,213 Posts

Yea neck. Don't have my step son (from first marriage) but once every 4-6 months and he is here this weekend so I wanted to take him in with me. If only for 20 minutes he still got to go in. I'm the only one that takes him to gun shows.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts

I bought 200 rds of 38 spl from Alabama Ammo. Need to build up my brass inventory. $10.99 for 50 rds of 158 gr SWC is a good deal. Hopefully it will work well and I'll kick myself for not buying more. Bought some other ammo as well, and a can to tote it around in. Decent prices, if you looked close.

I did make a deal on a pistol, but the gun wasn't at the show, so I'll have to pick it up Monday. Wasn't looking for one, don't need it, but too good a deal to pass up. You know how that goes.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

Is this the Great Southern gun show that will be in Biloxi the 28th-29th?

I was hoping to pick up an SKS or Rock Island Armory 1911 then but it sounds like the vendors are still trying to knock some one's eyes out on a single sale.

Question:

Do they really think we don't know what a firearm or ammo is selling for on the Internet, Gunbroker or FTF in the Newspaper for as a comparison? I mean I understand making a profit, but asking almost double the going rate for a firearm is getting to be insulting & rediculous.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts

Joe S. said:
Yea neck. Don't have my step son (from first marriage) but once every 4-6 months and he is here this weekend so I wanted to take him in with me. If only for 20 minutes he still got to go in. I'm the only one that takes him to gun shows.
Well I can't fault ya for taking anyone to look at guns.... :lol3:

Should have gone today so you'd have more time

Sad is the day when $10.50 a box 38's are a deal...I'll continue to load my own for a couple bucks a box :128:

U boys need to learn how to "roll your own" ammo

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,861 Posts

1985 4runner said:
Is this the Great Southern gun show that will be in Biloxi the 28th-29th?

I was hoping to pick up an SKS or Rock Island Armory 1911 then but it sounds like the vendors are still trying to knock some one's eyes out on a single sale.

Question:

Do they really think we don't know what a firearm or ammo is selling for on the Internet, Gunbroker or FTF in the Newspaper for as a comparison? I mean I understand making a profit, but asking almost double the going rate for a firearm is getting to be insulting & rediculous.
Yeah, but unless you have an FFL, buying at a gun show is much more convenient----and you get to hold it and look at it before you buy. And you get to walk out with it.

There's something to be said for all that.

As with anything, you need to know what something is worth before buying.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts

I got a s&w 637 airweight plus $100 for my colt. Just couldnt bring myself to carry that old colt and mess it up. Then bought some ammo and bs'ed with Bubbat and Hammer and several others from here, also ran into lots of people i hadnt seen in a while.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

Hey 4runner. Mike at smiths speed shop had a rock island 1911 compact. For what I think was a good price but I haven't really checked around and wasn't sure about rock island arms or I would have bought it.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts

Neck, did that guy pm you about the keltec sub2000? I tried to call you about it but you didn't answer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts