Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
code
I called up the Fire marshal and had a little chat with the guy. I asked him what year code and what chapter.
2018 code chapter 1 Permits Paragraph 105

so i looked it up

Correct me If I am wrong, Does this say that David chandler who is the authorized agent is responsible for the fee
If i am wrong, show me where it says each individual vender is responsible

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Circle

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
Where?

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I would think there would be one permit, which would cover life safety items like aisle width and unobstructed exits. That's sensible. But if it's jackson, sense goes out the (broken,) window.

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the code they say they are using does not say the venders it says the authorized agent, which would be the promoter

·
Premium Member
13,826 Posts
David sent this email out yesterday.

“Good Morning everyone,
I wanted to update you on the Fire dept. inspection status this morning. The Secretary from the Shriners called this morning and said they spoke with the Fire Marshall and all I will have to do is pay the $100 for the site permit and the dealers will not be charged the $50 inspection fee. They are still going to come and inspect, but you are not supposed to be charged the $50.
I will let you know if anything changes.
I appreciate you all!”

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David sent this email out yesterday.

“Good Morning everyone,
I wanted to update you on the Fire dept. inspection status this morning. The Secretary from the Shriners called this morning and said they spoke with the Fire Marshall and all I will have to do is pay the $100 for the site permit and the dealers will not be charged the $50 inspection fee. They are still going to come and inspect, but you are not supposed to be charged the $50.
I will let you know if anything changes.
I appreciate you all!”
wewll then. now where are the refunds from last years illegal shack down

·
Registered
85 Posts
As a person whose job is built upon codes, there is a paragraph in the book that basically says “These are the basics and open to interpretation as seen fit by the inspector.” Not saying what was done was right, but if they claim to interpret it their way, then it is within their right to do so. Still a jerk way to handle business though. I still believe the Marshall was merely doing as instructed from higher up and harassing the industry in any way possible.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Anyone go to the gunshow in Jackson today? If so how was it? Really need to do some things around the house tomorrow but if the show was out of the ordinary from the recent trade mart shows I may change plans. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Blade. I went. Wasn’t happy with it. Marlin lever guns that were own tables (very few priced $1200 and up. Everything gun wise way over priced. And quality guns fee and far between. Had a better time at cowarts and vans and they didn’t have door fees

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
Operator error.....................

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As a person whose job is built upon codes, there is a paragraph in the book that basically says “These are the basics and open to interpretation as seen fit by the inspector.” Not saying what was done was right, but if they claim to interpret it their way, then it is within their right to do so. Still a jerk way to handle business though. I still believe the Marshall was merely doing as instructed from higher up and harassing the industry in any way possible.

Rectangle Font Circle Pattern Parallel

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no i do not
Continue reading please.
View attachment 282087
Particularly the last sentence.
Learn me something here.
Doesnt your sections first sentence say
"Where applicable standards or requirements are not set forth. in this code.."

To me, that means if it is NOT covered by the code then the person having jurisdiction can call it like he sees it
Am i incorrect in my understanding of that verbiage?

No Cotton mouth, I am doing the flea market/ festival thing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts