Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Learn me something here.
Doesnt your sections first sentence say
"Where applicable standards or requirements are not set forth. in this code.."

To me, that means if it is NOT covered by the code then the person having jurisdiction can call it like he sees it
Am i incorrect in my understanding of that verbiage?
This is a perfect example of the section I quoted. Let’s travel through Section 105.
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Basically states permits may be required and types of permits that can be required. Operational would apply in this particular case.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number

This section merely grants that the official may group multiple permits at the same location into one if they choose.
Human body Font Art Circle Number

This section defines requirements of an exhibit or trade show. What is not defined through all this is who is required to have a permit. Does the Marshall interpret all this together and group all exhibits at a single show under one permit, or do they decide that each table is required their own separate permit? Code does not define this, it simply states that the Marshall has full authority to require a permit for the operational use of a facility. Fun stuff, eh?

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I understand section 5
It says that, property owner or his agent, The agent being David the trade show promoter

David is required to have an operational permit .

·
Registered
85 Posts
I understand section 5
It says that, property owner or his agent, The agent being David the trade show promoter

David is required to have an operational permit .
If the owner has agreed to allow an individual to setup a display, then it could be read as that individual is an authorized agent that would need to purchase a permit. This is left up to the interpretation of the person enforcing the code.
Again, not saying that I agree with what was done, but what it boils down to is that each code is a “model code” that each municipality adopts and modifies for their own application. If we went strictly by code, every new construction residence would have a sprinkler system installed, but the state passed an amendment not requiring that so we don’t enforce that portion of the code. Whatever the enforcement agency says is what goes for that area. We can nitpick all day over the interpretation possibilities of code, but their word still reigns supreme.

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
[/QUOTE]
If the owner has agreed to allow an individual to setup a display, then it could be read as that individual is an authorized agent that would need to purchase a permit. This is left up to the interpretation of the person enforcing the code.
Again, not saying that I agree with what was done, but what it boils down to is that each code is a “model code” that each municipality adopts and modifies for their own application. If we went strictly by code, every new construction residence would have a sprinkler system installed, but the state passed an amendment not requiring that so we don’t enforce that portion of the code. Whatever the enforcement agency says is what goes for that area. We can nitpick all day over the interpretation possibilities of code, but their word still reigns supreme.
I agree to disagree. common sense. You can not have 50 venders and call every vender an authorized agent.at the same time ignore the promotor of the event, Well, You CAN, but you can not do it with a straight face.
Words matter when you are speaking legalese, Authorized agent VS Authorized agents [plural] Tells you the intent of the sentence
Thank you for the tit for tat. I enjoyed it

·
Super Moderator
13,855 Posts
I’d have to look through emails from last year but there is a line in that code somewhere that says the inspection can be waived at the Marshall’s discretion. David asked him to do so because the building already had been inspected and had a current permit. The Marshall refused. It was a Democrat shakedown/extortion plain and simple. I was there and it got ugly out front under the awning.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts