Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out perusing the local pawn shops today for lunch and ran across two decent long guns. Wanted to run them by you guys to check value/price as I can’t find them anywhere online. Let me know what you think would be a decent price.
  • Harrington and Richardson single-shot in 45-70 Govt. Long 28 inch barrel, drilled and tapped for a scope. Comes with rings. Clean bore, no rust, no scratches on the wood.
  • Revelation pump shotgun in 12 gauge. 28 inch barrel with poly choke. Mirror bore, no scratches, no rust, tight action. I believe this is a store-brand Mossberg 500.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
I wish I had decent pawn shops around me.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,338 Posts
I think the Revelation shotgun was a Western Auto only gun. Maybe a Mossberg? Decent shape maybe $250 in today’s climate.
Yes... Revelation was Western Auto's "store brand" for firearms... like Sears & Roebuck offered J.C. Higgins, Montgomery Ward's offered Western Field, J.C. Penney sold a Foremost brand.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Sears & Roebuck rifles and shotguns were from Chicago Iron works. Revolvers were from H&R. J.C. Higgins joined Sears & Roebuck in 1954. Never knew who made them. Ted Williams was the new brand for Sears & Roebuck in 1966. I wanted that TW 500 in 20 gauge, made by Boston Arms. $160 was out of my range for a kid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Out perusing the local pawn shops today for lunch and ran across two decent long guns. Wanted to run them by you guys to check value/price as I can’t find them anywhere online. Let me know what you think would be a decent price.
  • Harrington and Richardson single-shot in 45-70 Govt. Long 28 inch barrel, drilled and tapped for a scope. Comes with rings. Clean bore, no rust, no scratches on the wood...
Something is off...
The standard Handi is a 22", came with iron sights.

The Ultra Hunter was Stainless 24" barrel, no sights.

Buffalo Classic was 32" with a dovetailed front sight and a receiver peep sight.

All have sufficient holes to mount a Weaver base.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RT8,
Reading online this looks like a Shakiri model. Cast iron receiver. Don't believe it's worth what he's asking.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Price tag says $449.00. Dealing with them in the past, they normally don't reduce posted prices but will usually accept cash out the door for the price tag.
Biloxi Pawn at 2001 Pass Rd if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Sears & Roebuck rifles and shotguns were from Chicago Iron works. Revolvers were from H&R. J.C. Higgins joined Sears & Roebuck in 1954. Never knew who made them. Ted Williams was the new brand for Sears & Roebuck in 1966. I wanted that TW 500 in 20 gauge, made by Boston Arms. $160 was out of my range for a kid.
It's my understanding that J.C Higgins was a Sears store brand and that their .22 revolvers were made by Hi Standard. I own a J.C. Higgins Model 88 which was made by Hi Standard and is a clone of their Sentinel model.

Best
Doc

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
22LR, The shotgun was marked Revelation, Western Auto. I'm fairly certain it's the same as a Mossberg 500. Nice shotgun but not worth the $300 tag.
By the way...what are you doing with the scope you're pulling off that 336 you bought a couple weeks ago?

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I haven’t done anything with it yet. It went into the safe when I got it home until I get time to give it a good cleaning.

Reactions: rigrat
1 - 18 of 18 Posts