Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
11,421 Posts
It's a good first step.

But I am somewhat leery of the property forfeiture process---mostly based upon horror stories I have read about folks having non-crime related cash and cars taken. Once taken you have to hire a lawyer to get it back, even if no charges were filed in some states.

I read the article and the other "news" article linked in the first story:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ation-track-civil-asset-forfeitures/95100668/

I never saw any mention of HOW the government converts confiscated guns and cars into cash. I have seen one or two "gun sales" (to FFL holders only) advertised around the state.

Hopefully, they don't go out the back door to buddies of the local law enforcement folks like they did 40 years ago.

Just listing it in a Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics database does not prevent abuse: "Uh, yeah. We had that Colt 1911 a while back, and it's still listed in the state's database, but I am not sure where it is now. You need to ask the state."

By the way, it's not "Brookville". It is "Brooksville".

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.