Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a rifle that we rebarreled, squared, trued and lapped a 30 year old Remington action installed a timmney trigger and tuned it. Installed it all in an HS precision stock. Customer picked up rifle and has been shooting rifle for 4 months, said he could now not get better than inch and a quarter 3 shot groups our of the rifle. After cleaning the rifle this morning, I set up the target in the picture at 100 yards, grabbed 4 rounds out of an ammo can that had been stored in a shed for 2 years the first hole you seen by itself in the target was the fist shot out of a clean barrel. The other hole is the next 3 shots would any of you gentlemen care to speculate on whether the inch an a quarter groups were a Gunsmith error or an operator error?:D

P_20160711_135212.jpg

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Some folks just don't deserve/need nice things - such as guns that will "shoot!!"!!

·
Curmudgeon extraordinaire
8,083 Posts
Now just wait a minute Bill.
"I'm a faithful follower of Brother John Birch
And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church.
I don't even own a rifle, you can call home and ask my wife!:D
#2 post and a smile.
Just looked suspicious.

Clinton, Lynch, plane kind of thing. :p

·
Curmudgeon extraordinaire
8,083 Posts
This is a SumGy thread and I derailed it.
I'll be a legend!

Seriously, I had a good friend who ask me to teach his son to shoot a rifle.
The young man is an MP with multiple clearances, one of the best handgun shooters I have seen.
COULD NOT shoot a rifle for ****.
IDNK!

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
This is a rifle that we rebarreled, squared, trued and lapped a 30 year old Remington action installed a timmney trigger and tuned it. Installed it all in an HS precision stock. Customer picked up rifle and has been shooting rifle for 4 months, said he could now not get better than inch and a quarter 3 shot groups our of the rifle. After cleaning the rifle this morning, I set up the target in the picture at 100 yards, grabbed 4 rounds out of an ammo can that had been stored in a shed for 2 years the first hole you seen by itself in the target was the fist shot out of a clean barrel. The other hole is the next 3 shots would any of you gentlemen care to speculate on whether the inch an a quarter groups were a Gunsmith error or an operator error?:D

View attachment 28719
To quote a "Gy" I know, it looks like too much shooter and not enough gun when he is firing it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts