Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a gunsmith with experience on old Colt double action revolvers? Specifically correcting "out-of-time" issues?

I understand that any gunsmith worth his salt can do a "tune & tighten" on a S&W, but from what I gather the old Colt's are a different story.

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed they are. And a dying lost art I'd say.
If you'd like me to "take a look" I'd be glad to. What Model is it? Pre or post safety lever?
I haven't bought it yet. Didn't want to, if I couldn't find anyone to work on it. It's this one:
colt officers model target.jpg

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
If no one else is closer nor has helped contact Douglas Bowser in McComb. PM me and I'll give you his phone # and email. He can definitely do the job.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,330 Posts
I ran across one like that a few years back. It was a rainy Friday afternoon. IT was all I could do to keep from hollering ye-haw.
Right in the pawn shop.
Mine is nickle and 38 special. Good find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My step father has an old Colt
that I think has timing issues. I found this old thread and was wondering if the gunsmith who posted here is still working on old Colts. The patent dates on it are 1894, 1900, and 1905.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,737 Posts
My step father has an old Colt
that I think has timing issues. I found this old thread and was wondering if the gunsmith who posted here is still working on old Colts. The patent dates on it are 1894, 1900, and 1905.
If you are referring to Mr. Quickeye, I'm sorry to say our friend has passed away.

Reactions: Twang
1 - 17 of 17 Posts