Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16,202 Posts
I HEAR good things about the guy at Gander Mountain. Also heard good things about someone in petal(maybe laurel?) I dunno. Theres a sticky somewhere that had a good list of gunsmiths and where they're located

· Registered
16,202 Posts
Slngblde said:
In that area,well purvis. Contact mike smith at smiths speed shop.
Ha maybe it was purvis I was thinking of...the towns down here all run together after a while!

Mike is a great guy to deal with, and a memer here at msgo. The guy knows his stuff. Good luck finding his shop though....I thought I'd be smart and ride my ninja out there the first time....didn't know I was gonna need to stay on the phone with him the whole time to get there!

· Registered
311 Posts
TomBomb said:
Scott at Gander is very good.
Unfortunately Scott's not there any more. I went a few weeks ago and the other guy came out -- can't remember his name -- really short hair and glasses. This is the same guy who always used to come out and look at my guns, and then go back and get Scott. Kinda concerns me a little bit, but I haven't left anything there for work since Scott left, so I don't know what to expect. He told me some strange stuff on my last visit though -- like you shouldn't lube the threads on an AR-15 upper receiver because you want the barrel nut to stick real tight (yikes). That just goes contrary to everything I've ever read about the subject, but hey, I'm no gunsmith!

· Registered
246 Posts
I have been told there is a guy that works at becon supply in columbia ms not sure his name but i hear alot about him. beacon is located on hwy98 right befor you get to wal mart in columbia if you coming from hattiesburg may be worth checking out hope this helps

· Registered
83 Posts
Did not know Scott had left Gander Mt., too bad. Had him do a couple of barrel changes for me and it was first class work. No problems what so ever. I have dealt with Mike Smith many, many times. A great guy to deal with and you just have to see his shop, very interesting, definite eye opener. But you do have to find it first! Seriously, Mike can give you excellent directions and it will get you right to him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.