Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been blessed with awards for teaching Karate, even taught a course at a University a year before I had to retire.So for the last 10 years I have transitioned from Instructor to student.
I try to be nice to most people and had told one of my FFL Dealer friends that if he needed any help at his shop, just call. There is a lesson in that statement cause it was not two weeks that he called Monday afternoon. He had a Jard Trigger and sear to install on a Ruger M77.
He is a great guy but a little hyper. I told him to ease that pin out and hold constant pressure and be sure to grab the spring and pin. Went like a charm, found the sear and held them in place,
the trigger and sear to show him how it went. I showed him the overplay adjustment, we popped everything in, then he moved something and said OH, here are the instructions.
I told him if I had them I would have read them the night before.
I asked where are your scales?? I don,t have any, If you had told me, I would have brought mine. So we did it the old fashioned way. We adjusted the free-travel till it would not cock the bolt. Then we tightned it till the trigger broke clean and I double checked it to see if I could make it slam fire by pulling the trigger with the safety on then flipping the safety off. I told him to put some lock-tight on the threads of the adjustment screw. Then put it back together.
I got to raid his candy jar, got a diet coke, and some CCI AMMO. This house calls ain,t bad. Maybe next time it will be a good looking lonely middle age lady that needs everything checked out?? On her guns of course . That was the first Jard that I have used, Timney did not make one for this particular gun. It went together so easy that in the future, I know that he will call.

Reactions: BasMstr and 22lrfan

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mr. Catfish Mr. Trout
Bite my hook Don,t spit it out.
Let me take you home.
This I hope This I Pray
The hay is in the barn.
So get the grease hot.
We gonna eat this fish,
Till we drop. Maybe tomorrow or tonight I will start a complete rebuild of the Marlin Model 60 . Install a walnut stock, and stop drooling over the 1903 custom 308 that I just traded for with a Monte Carlo stock. Next test fire the Walther PPK that I just bought. And the two 41 mags.
But it is fishing time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts