Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a gunsmith around Hattiesburg /Laurel , even Gulfport or Jackson that can silver soldier a front sight on a barrel?

I was looking at my wife Winchester 30/30 and reached up to push the front sight insert over a little and pop the whole front sight popped of. And that was with just thumb pressure to.

So now I have to fix that and might as well get a front sight installed on my m10 while at it.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daniel Robbins in Mount Olive. It's sort of in the area, but he's a great guy and a very competent smith.

View attachment 158793
Thanks don’t mind driving further. To get a first class job.

Rig I thought you did that yourself on one of your revolvers. Or was that someone else?
No sir revolver still needs a sight also.

If you are going to get a gunsmith to do that then why not do it right and let him cut a dovetail for a proper sight?
I want to keep the Winchester 94 all original and the skinny barrel on the revolver doubt will take a dovetail cut, but could probably take a DT job.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,330 Posts
Where is MT. Olive in Ms?? My Mom was a Robbins before she married my dad. just curious.

·
Registered
223 Posts
WW Rifle Shop at 246 Magnolia Hill Road in Waynesboro. Joey & Keith do top notch work and have built several custom rifles for me that have proven themselves out to 1,000 yards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts