Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice looking H&R 9 shot swing cylinder revolver last fall. But when I got it home, loaded it and tested it, it mis fired or failed to fire a couple times. Well I check to order the right mainspring and Numrich was out at the time so I put the revolver aside then. I was disappointed that it did not shoot as good as it looked.
About a week ago I got the revolver out and checked parts at Numrich and saw that they showed some mainsprings with the rod assembly and plastic ends that rode under the hammer. Sitting in my recliner with a flashlight I took off a grip and looked up toward the bottom of the hammer. Bingo there was a broken piece of plastic jammed beside the push rod and mainspring. I took a small screwdriver and worked the big piece of nylon/plastic out. I then looked at all the parts online and they had a premium push rod assembly with steel end that rode under the hammer. I promptly ordered it with mainspring assembly for around 25 bucks.
I went outside and tested it a while ago and it fires all 9 shots. Later on I will do an action job on it. This revolver has a raised sight rail over the barrel. I am happy to have another top of the line H&R TO GO along with my 999 Topbreak. I will take pictures of it and my collection of 22 revolvers later and post them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts