Had a nice visit from Doggoner this afternoon . . .

Discussion in '"Boolit" Casting' started by TwangBanger, Mar 22, 2018.

1. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

After chatting him up at the Captain-03 Memorial Meet & Greet last Saturday, Dennis, (AKA @doggoner), came by the house this afternoon. He brought by a lot of his casting equipment, and gave me a good class on how to get started. He explained what all the items were, and how to use them. I learned a lot of good information. If anyone has any questions about casting,or black powder shooting for that matter, I can highly recommend Dennis as one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met. Thanks for coming by, Dennis, and thanks for the lesson. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

2. shoeshooter

shoeshooter Distinguished Poster

Florence
    You're very lucky to learn from a knowledgeable guy like Dennis. Nice guy to boot.

3. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    TB, you were visited by the...... MASTER. Dennis might be more old school casting, but he knows more than most will ever learn. I have been casting since the mid 80s and Dennis teaches me new things.

4. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Very much a master! I'm proud to know him and feel honored every time he shares some of his knowledge with me.

5. doggoner

doggoner Distinguished Poster

ALL

You are making be blush. I just do a lot of reading and follow several casting forums. I've always felt that no one of us is as smart as all of us. I never have had to go touch the stove to see if it was hot after watching someone else blister their fingers on the stove. We don't live long enough to make all the errors, so it's best to learn from the collective brain. I've always said to the "new" casters READ,READ,READ and READ some more.

TwangBanger is about to launch on a fun and rewarding adventure. It'll be great to watch him grow in the sport.

doggoner

94LEVERFAN, CajunBP, BasMstr and 11 others like this.
  6. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Mr. Dennis is good people. FWIW that's on my list of highest compliments that I can give

94LEVERFAN, CajunBP, Ellis93 and 3 others like this.
  7. Ellis93

Regardless if you think so or not sir,you are definitely deserving of praise for sharing what you know with folks. Passing on what you know is honorable,especially taking the time to show how to do something. In my opinion,that is the ultimate way to teach anyone. Reading about something will only get you so far,it's hands on that yields the most knowledge in most everything.

SubGunFan likes this.
  8. Ellis93

Good enough for me!

phillipd likes this.