Hand Priming Tool

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by shoeshooter, Apr 13, 2018.

1. shoeshooter

shoeshooter Distinguished Poster

Florence
    My faithful old super cheap Lee is about to die. What do you like/dislike? Staying with a hand tool. Only load around 50 a week, and I like to feel the primers seat.

Mesquite and 22lrfan like this.
  2. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

My old Lee finally quit a year ago. I bought a new Lee since I already have the Lee shellholder to go with it. It works ok but I like my older one better.

Mesquite and Blondie70 like this.

3. Redlick83

Redlick83 Distinguished Poster

Starkville
    I have an old one and a new one(2-3 yrs old) I haven’t noticed much difference really. The old one has had a lot of use and is slicker but the new one works just the same.

Blondie70 likes this.
  4. Diana Davis Cole

Diana Davis Cole Distinguished Poster

Are ya talking about the Lee auto-prime. Dad had a ton of them and I still have a few for sale if ya need any.

5. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Shoe, I have an extra body (old style) you can have. All the other parts should be OK. Are you putting grease (not oil) on the pivot points?

The only time I don't use my old style LEE AutoPrime is with 458SOCOM. The brass will not fit.

6. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I love my Frankfort Arsenal...quick small/large changeover and doesn't require a lot of pressure.

BasMstr likes this.
  7. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

The Lee ergo model is nice.....lots less hand cramps from priming a few hundred at a time.

Redlick83 and BasMstr like this.
  8. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've been using an RCBS for 20 years. Next to a sinclair, I like it the best.

9. Redlick83

Redlick83 Distinguished Poster

Starkville
    Interesting I use my newer one for the 458socom all the time. Haven’t tried the old version with it yet.

10. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

I bought a few LEE Auto Prime and levers when they were removed from inventory.
    I bought a Lee Bench Prime still new in box after 4 years.

11. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

The RCBS Universal Priming Tool is nice. No shell holders needed. I have two, one setup for small primers and one setup for larger primers. Really nice to just be able to pick it at any time and start priming with no setup or fuss. And to be able to prime multiple calibers at the same time

jrickhsr, mascott and BasMstr like this.
  12. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson

I have the newer version to do 458SOCOM. The shape of the shell holder on the older version is too small for 458SOCOM. So far....... all other types of ammo have worked fine.