·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one of these?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I don't need one yet. I'm sure I will in the future. I'll keep it in the same drawer with " rubber thing" to open jars. Now I'll answer the question, no I've not used one. I do thinks it's a good idea.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need one yet. I'm sure I will in the future. I'll keep it in the same drawer with " rubber thing" to open jars. Now I'll answer the question, no I've not used one. I do thinks it's a good idea.
I watched short video of it from 2017 ShotShow. Seems like a worthwhile accessory, especially for my wife.

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't have any help with the slide racket. But, I also have a Halo for my Ruger 22, it's great.

I've seen several folks rack the slide with their mounted red dots. I know a lot of people are against that idea, but in a life or death situation, you do what you gotta do.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,338 Posts
It's not uncommon to loose some grip strength once you start "aging"... especially if/when particular health and/or past accidental injury issues come into play.

If not... you wouldn't be seeing products like a "Handi-Racker" come onto the marketplace.

Not an issue much at all with a revolver, eh? :)

Nor is it with Beretta's 92/96 semi-auto platform... which work "glass smooth" in that regard.

Cannot say the same about Beretta's Series 81 Cheetah pistols - which have a blowback action.

Glock pistols... yeah... troublesome also (to me) in this regard - and those are not a blowback action.

M1911 pistols do seem to work effortlessly in that department for me... racking the slide that is. (y)

Opening jars is a often a challenge too... and I've misplaced that rubber "grippy" thing you talked about!!! :(

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPS delivered late this afternoon. This thing is great!! It works on all my semi-auto's from the full size Ruger 9e to the micro Sig P365. If you, or someone you know, have trouble racking a slide I strongly recommend getting one. :)

Best thing to come along since the UpLula.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Gene, which one did you get? Looks like four different sizes.
The orange one. The website describes how to select the size based on the width of the slide at the top of the muzzle. Safest way to rack your pistols Handi-Racker

There's really only 2 sizes (not counting Barretta types). The width of the slots that fit over the slides are slightly different on each end to accomodate a range of slide widths, as shown in the pic below. The wide slot works on my Ruger, the narrow slot for the compacts. They are not intended to fit tightly around the slide, and the sight slot is large and deep enough to accomodate most any front sight.

Here's a look at how it works with the S&W 9mm EZ (narrow end).

Before racking

With slide fully racked:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to see these available for use at pistol ranges, or mounted to the bench on 2 or 3 lanes. They have a bench mount variety that has five made as a unit specifically for bench mounting. In fact if I ran a typical indoor range, I'd have the bench mount version at every station just for safety reasons. For example when clearing a misfire (light primer strike, etc.). Many people also use a cross body method to rack a slide, which often results in the muzzle being pointed at the guy/gal on an adjoining lane. Not good.

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Thanks. Just ordered one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts