Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used Armslist numerous times in Missouri and Arkansas with very few issues but here...seems like there might be posers stringing people along or thugs looking to ripoff good people. I really like this site’s community feel.
Any experiences to share?

·
12,226 Posts
I've had one deal I didn't like on this sight. Everyone has been great, and I've bought a lot of stuff on this sight. Guns, car and even a golf cart and a lawnmower. Ammo. LOL

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
The few times I have listed on there I got mostly spam or scam emails. It took over a month to sell the last two, doubt I will use it again.

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
It’s been 50/50 for me. As RW said, you have to sift thru too much spam and lookers. I stick to here or Gunboards typically.

·
Premium Member
13,650 Posts
I've sold a dozen or more on there with no problems. Only rifles/shotguns though. Tried selling a handgun on there one time and wasn't happy with the calls I was getting.

Reactions: A B

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Not in Jackson, but just North of there.
Bought a Marlin 336, guy said it was like new, but it was covered with rust. The price changed on site.
Bought a Rem 700, but, it was not the model his ad indicated, we renegotiated the price accordingly.

Just be in tune with the item, walk away, as needed.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the input!
I’m happy to be a part of a “firearm friendly” community.

·
Premium Member
6,812 Posts
That place is terrible. I have had more negative experiences than positive there. I have had 99% positive deals here. I don’t ever even look at Armslist anymore.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I used Armslist numerous times in Missouri and Arkansas with very few issues but here...seems like there might be posers stringing people along or thugs looking to ripoff good people. I really like this site’s community feel.
Any experiences to share?
Where were you living? I grew up in Springfield.

·
Deplorable
2,154 Posts
I've had one super deal from armslist, it's becomes clear quick if they are bogus..
Ain't to many folks on here I haven't met.. Or at least traded with..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I’ve had decent experiences on there. You can pretty much feel people out via email/text before you ever go to meet enough to tell if they’re wishy washy or not.

I’ve made a few contacts that turned out bogus but any meets I’ve had have been fine

Reactions: 22lrfan and rigrat

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
No experience at all but from what I read here
on this post, it sounds as if it is NOT worth the
trouble to deal with.

Reactions: Chicknman

·
Super Moderator
8,318 Posts
I've bought and/or sold over a dozen on Armslist, and only had one bad experience. It was a case of being "stood-up", where the other party never showed up at the meet. Most of my Armslist deals were from the Coast or Hattiesburg. The only deal I've done with anyone from Jackson, was when I traded into a Glock 30. We met in Hattiesburg. It went smooth.

Reactions: 22lrfan
1 - 14 of 14 Posts