1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Looks to be about 125 tables this time.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
It's not the show it used to be. The other promoter had a much bigger turnout, but I didn't like it. Too many t-shirts and popcorn and bangles. This one has been going downhill for the past few years, but so far, I've had success buying and selling, even though the number of dealers and the crowd are smaller.

Other folks have had different experiences.

It is the first show of the summer in this part of the State.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Don’t waste your time.. bean shows have been going down hill for over 20 years now and they are much worse since his idiot son took over. I won’t likely even do one of his jackson shows again and I’m less than 8 miles away from that.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Thanks, Hoot. I’ve read that some else was going to start having shows here and their shows were better. I’ve said that I wasn’t going back but I’ll give it a shot. Excuse the pun.😜
The other one is David chancellor, best promoter in the state by far. He heavily advertises where the other two might buy a bill board ad or tiny radio spot.
David will put signs out in at least a 50 mile radius on every road. He puts more effort into one show than the other two have put into their last 20 shows.
I know them all well and David is by far the best. He did very well at Hattiesburg for it being his first show there,I was setup there. And I’m planning to be setup at his laurel show later in September.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The other one is David chancellor, best promoter in the state by far. He heavily advertises where the other two might buy a bill board ad or tiny radio spot.
David will put signs out in at least a 50 mile radius on every road. He puts more effort into one show than the other two have put into their last 20 shows.
I know them all well and David is by far the best. He did very well at Hattiesburg for it being his first show there,I was setup there. And I’m planning to be setup at his laurel show later in September.
Yeah, yesterday I saw a couple of signs handwritten on poster board.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Not much to the show. Little old stuff, mostly plastic guns, like every show I've been to in the past year. There are a couple of Ruger old model Blackhawks reasonable, and a 44 Vaquero for $600.

On the other hand, I had a good day. Sold enough to make my time worth it. Found some 577/450 ammunition. Now I can shoot my Martini Henry!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not much to the show. Little old stuff, mostly plastic guns, like every show I've been to in the past year. There are a couple of Ruger old model Blackhawks reasonable, and a 44 Vaquero for $600.

On the other hand, I had a good day. Sold enough to make my time worth it. Found some 577/450 ammunition. Now I can shoot my Martini Henry!
Now, that ammo is something that I’d never expect to find in Hattiesburg, MS!

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
It's from a dealer that specializes in old guns. Like Trapdoors, Martinis, rolling block, falling block, that sort of thing. I was pretty surprised when he walked up and said "I have some ammo for that." Didn't take me long to make a deal. :)

Expensive stuff though. $10 a round (and that is actually a great price). I don't think I'm gonna shoot my MH very much. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
I saw an adapter somewhere to shoot 45 Colt in a MH......I think.
Thanks! I read about those, and it seems that for some reason they didn't work to well. I don't remember the details. I'll see if I can find out more.

The price comes down dramatically by reloading. Brass is expensive, but from what I hear, it doesn't wear out, low pressure and all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts