Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hattiesburg Gun Show scheduled for the weekend of Feb. 4-5 has been cancelled by the Promoter.

Hello all,
Due to the storms and tornado last week and the continued clean-up, we have decided to postpone the Hattiesburg show to July 29-30. We spent much time in consideration of this and after discussing it with several people, we believe this to be the best course of action. All deposits will automatically be rolled to July Hattiesburg. If you want something else done with your deposit, please let us know. We apologize for the inconvenience and would have rather had the show ourselves, but feel it prudent to wait for the community to get back to normal and not focused on repairs and clean-up. Over the course of 33 years, it is extremely rare that we have not done a scheduled show and it will continue to be extremely rare. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Sincerely,

Shawn Bean
Great Southern Gun & Knife Show

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
It was going to be a stinker anyway from what i have heard, ernie has made so many vendors mad that this show was going to be less than half of what it normally is.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Ernie Bean made some friends of mine so angry at the
Great Southern show in Jackson a few years ago that
the people insulted still cannot speak his name. On the
first day, Saturday, about 45 minutes before the show
was scheduled to close for the day, they began to cover
their table before going home and Ernie came running up
screaming at them that "you can't close early, if you do
I'll give your tables away", to which the table owner
replied, "touch anything on this table after I cover it
and I'll beat your *** bloody". They came back the
following day and their paid for table was untouched.
It seems to be genetic with the Beans that they seem
to consider themselves a different higher class of
people than the rest of us.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Ernie Bean made some friends of mine so angry at the
Great Southern show in Jackson a few years ago that
the people insulted still cannot speak his name. On the
first day, Saturday, about 45 minutes before the show
was scheduled to close for the day, they began to cover
their table before going home and Ernie came running up
screaming at them that "you can't close early, if you do
I'll give your tables away", to which the table owner
replied, "touch anything on this table after I cover it
and I'll beat your *** bloody". They came back the
following day and their paid for table was untouched.
It seems to be genetic with the Beans that they seem
to consider themselves a different higher class of
people than the rest of us.
Shawn seems ok, but i think he cant undo the damage ernies mouth and reputation have done. Great southern may be done for good in ms.

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
So we have three promoters typically in Mississippi? Big Pop, Great Southern and New South? Who did New South used to be...the Confederate Gun & Knife?

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Big pop is David Chancellor, nobody does more advertising than him. He puts signs everywhere and does a lot of them himself. He was at the last show that the milsteads put on, he was going around meeting with all the various vendors.

Edit *new south is the milsteads*
They do a great job as well. Not quite the job of advertising that chancellor does but they do put effort into it. They took over the one going by the jackson gunshow, the last few that promoter did were horrible.

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Glad we decided to pass on this one even before the storm. I'm a newbie and a small fry, but I talked to several old time vendors that were going to pass this one up and wait for Laurel with David.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts