Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Judges 3:31
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a 22lr pistol, Ruger SR22 or S&W M&P 22 compact, or the like. Curious if anyone has been to the H'burg shows lately? How was the new firearm inventory? I usually go to the Chancelor shows, but not to the Bean shows anymore. I noticed this is a Bean show, and since its been a couple of years since I've been to any gun shows, just looking for a feel on yalls experiences at shows lately. If the show is a bust, I would still have Academy to check out while over that way. I miss the good old days of digging through racks of old shotguns and mil-surp bolt rifles, and who can ever forget the $199 Chinese MAK-90 rifles of 1991 and Chinese SKS's for 85 bucks!
Thanks in Advance,
Mike

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
I usually go to H'burg, but it's only about 45 minutes away for me. If I had to drive much farther, I probably wouldn't go. It's not advertised nearly as well as the Chancellor shows. I won't be going this weekend, due to being broke.

I always enjoy visiting with @Hoot G and @Doc1 while there. They are usually at the first few tables to the right, once you get down the stairs. @cmmj63 sometimes sets up his booth at the top of the stairs near the entrance, and I usually run into @Blondie70 while I'm down there perusing the aisles.

It's worth it to go, if you're pretty close. If you're a long way off, you may want to wait for a Big Pop show.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,124 Posts
In the market for a 22lr pistol, Ruger SR22 or S&W M&P 22 compact, or the like. Curious if anyone has been to the H'burg shows lately? How was the new firearm inventory? I usually go to the Chancelor shows, but not to the Bean shows anymore. I noticed this is a Bean show, and since its been a couple of years since I've been to any gun shows, just looking for a feel on yalls experiences at shows lately. If the show is a bust, I would still have Academy to check out while over that way. I miss the good old days of digging through racks of old shotguns and mil-surp bolt rifles, and who can ever forget the $199 Chinese MAK-90 rifles of 1991 and Chinese SKS's for 85 bucks!
Thanks in Advance,
Mike
SKS for $85? I remember when they were $45

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,357 Posts
First- just be a little quicker in the MSGO classifieds. There have been quite a few 22 pistols lately.

Second- laurel show is much better and bigger thus more options. Though deals at gun shows are few and far between, unless ammo/reloading stuff from Randy. Better served ordering online or buying through here :2cents:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I live in Laurel. If you're in sw miss. I would go to slidell. There's a
show down there tomorrow. That's where I'm going tomorrow.
I usually go to Hattiesburg only because it's so close. The show in
Hattiesburg has been slim slim the last few years. The slidell show
has been good every time I've been.

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
I get most of my best deals at gun shows, NOT from vendors, but from just the "average Joe's" who bring their gun in wanting to sell or trade. That's the thing about Slidell . . . if you're a Mississippi resident, you won't be able to legally buy a handgun from just some ordinary guy who's NOT a licensed dealer. . . . Well . . . I guess you COULD take a chance, and hope the guy you're buying from is not undercover. . .

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,357 Posts
I get most of my best deals at gun shows, NOT from vendors, but from just the "average Joe's" who bring their gun in wanting to sell or trade. That's the thing about Slidell . . . if you're a Mississippi resident, you won't be able to legally buy a handgun from just some ordinary guy who's NOT a licensed dealer. . . . Well . . . I guess you COULD take a chance, and hope the guy you're buying from is not undercover. . .
:yeah:

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I usually go to H'burg, but it's only about 45 minutes away for me. If I had to drive much farther, I probably wouldn't go. It's not advertised nearly as well as the Chancellor shows. I won't be going this weekend, due to being broke.

I always enjoy visiting with @Hoot G and @Doc1 while there. They are usually at the first few tables to the right, once you get down the stairs. @cmmj63 sometimes sets up his booth at the top of the stairs near the entrance, and I usually run into @Blondie70 while I'm down there perusing the aisles.

It's worth it to go, if you're pretty close. If you're a long way off, you may want to wait for a Big Pop show.
Thanks Twang!

I was at the show yesterday with Hoot but I had to leave early 'cuz my back was killing me and I didn't make it today. The show this weekend was disappointingly small, with moderate attendance. Like yourself, I often go because it's near my home in Poplarville. At one time Hattiesburg was one of the biggest shows in the state. I hope it can return to its former glory.

Best
Doc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts